Can you re-use Darklight Crypt/Pirate Seas/Empire of Ice?

#1HaHaUrAn00bPosted 1/19/2012 1:38:25 PM
Can you re-use the Adventure Pack pieces on another person's system? As in, can I let my friend borrow my Darklight Crypt and Pirate Seas figures to unlock them on his system? Same with the items that come in the expansions?
---
Diamond FC: 4983 1403 8488
Platinum FC: 1032 7296 3178
#2BronxzooyankeePosted 1/19/2012 2:07:48 PM
They dont "unlock" if you take them off they go away but they can be used on another system my boys took the health potion from one of their sets and used it on their cousins game.
---
Gt: Shifty42
#3RossmacdaddyPosted 1/19/2012 2:43:00 PM
Bronxzooyankee posted...
They dont "unlock" if you take them off they go away but they can be used on another system my boys took the health potion from one of their sets and used it on their cousins game.

Sorry, but this is totally wrong. Once you unlocked the level on your save file, you don't need to do it again. You can place the location piece on during any level for huge damage, but otherwise it doesn't do anything else. You can take this to a friends house to unlock the level on their machine with no problems.
---
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
#4PlayThruViewPosted 1/19/2012 6:47:45 PM
I need to check but in the skylanders hub the ship and crypt will go away if you don't go in them before you save and exit the game. I know for sure once you play them you can access it again from the play mission screen.
#5allisonaxePosted 1/20/2012 1:55:55 AM
>I need to check but in the skylanders hub the ship and crypt will go away if you don't go in them before you save and exit the game.

that's not true either. if you put the "level" toy on the portal, it plays a cutscene, unlocks the new level, and the level remains unlocked on that save file forever (unless you reset the story progress or start a game on a different file.) additionally, it'll show an icon on the bottom of the screen depicting the toy until you remove it from the portal.
---
Xbox Live ID = Allison Axe 87
3Ds Friend Code = 2578-3107-8234
#6BronxzooyankeePosted 1/20/2012 9:44:15 AM
I was incorrect as stated above. Started it up last night just to check this out and Empire of Ice was there waiting to be entered and it was not on the portal. However it should be noted Dark Light Crypt was not accessible.
---
Gt: Shifty42