About how much can I sell my Skylanders for?

#1liquidblue4Posted 6/11/2012 9:59:34 AM
I have all of the Skylanders except Camo, Warnado, and Wham-Shell.
Also all the Legendaries and all cards, codes, and stickers.

i would most likely sell the game and portal too.
I also would sell them inside the toolbox that i have them in that was recommended on this board.
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
#2motosadaPosted 6/11/2012 10:10:08 AM
You can try checking comparable listings on eBay, but, keep in mind that it's just gonna be worth whatever someone feels like paying for it.
---
Take me out to the black. Tell 'em I ain't coming back.
#3RossmacdaddyPosted 6/11/2012 3:35:15 PM
Considering how saturated the market is now I wouldn't expect to get more than 70% retail for a set. By the time Giants comes how I doubt you'll be able to give the things away.
---
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
#4liquidblue4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2012 10:26:18 PM
well.... that sucks.
i know now the error of my ways and will never buy another Skylander related item again.
---
#5RossmacdaddyPosted 6/12/2012 8:16:22 AM
liquidblue4 posted...
well.... that sucks.
i know now the error of my ways and will never buy another Skylander related item again.

Welcome to the "Skylanders Anonymous" support group. Our mantra? "NEVER AGAIN..."

:)
---
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
#6liquidblue4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2012 9:42:11 AM
Rossmacdaddy posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
well.... that sucks.

Welcome to the "Skylanders Anonymous" support group. Our mantra? "NEVER AGAIN..."

:)

i need a hug :(
---
#7motosadaPosted 6/12/2012 5:33:42 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
well.... that sucks.

I would have to say... if you purchased them with the sole intent of reselling them at a higher price, that's not a folly I would try to blame on the product itself.
---
Take me out to the black. Tell 'em I ain't coming back.
#8liquidblue4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2012 7:56:14 PM
motosada posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
well.... that sucks.

I would have to say... if you purchased them with the sole intent of reselling them at a higher price, that's not a folly I would try to blame on the product itself.

well i didn't. i actually liked the game until 500 variants of each character came out, and then 500 re-releases with Giants, and everything else wrong with the series now.
it didnt even take a year to run it directly in the ground.
---
#9William406Posted 6/13/2012 5:47:16 AM
liquidblue4 posted...
motosada posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
well.... that sucks.

well i didn't. i actually liked the game until 500 variants of each character came out, and then 500 re-releases with Giants, and everything else wrong with the series now.
it didnt even take a year to run it directly in the ground.

Well since its been close to 8 months since Skylanders was released, typically games, unless you're Nintendo, only cost 33% of the original retail price. In fact, unless you trade in the week of release, you're lucky to get 50% of what you paid.

A conservative estimate would be to get 50% of what you invested, assuming you bought at retail. I just throw that in there just because the game still has quite a bit of popularity.
#10liquidblue4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2012 9:14:07 AM
One of my friends apparently might trade me my Skylanders set for a Mario 25th Anniversary DSi XL, Halo Reach Legendary Edition, Skyrim Collector's Guide, and maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy...

so i think i'll be doing good.
---