Questions about trait

#1Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 8/2/2011 9:35:06 AM
So im almost done with my 1st playthrough, i heard the equiped equipment will be carried over to next playthrough, and since its easy enough to put trait in weapon/armor (by making them ingot/cloth again), i want my equipment to be as perfect as possible, heres my question:

1. A bit confused about what to put on my fighter weapons last trait, which is better between additinal 30% skill boost (already have pthe +40% one) or the critical up trait from that claw thing? I dont think putting crit up is a good idea since with almost full LP they already score critical often enough, i want to know how good is this crit up trait

2. For meruru weapon, will skill boost trait affect her power item (the one that used 2-3 item charge after assist attack)? If its not affecting meruru power item then what trait is good for her?

3.Is it worth to put element resistsnce trait (+20) on armor? Or its better to put anoher hp up/def up? (already got +80 hp and +25def)

Thanks for your time
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#2krrsosPosted 8/3/2011 11:53:30 AM
I personally recommend you to try every trait yourself (that's a lot of fun there), but if you want to save time, here are some of my suggestions:

For weapon:
Rainbow power (50): inflict poison, darkness and curse + 4 elements attack (weak)
Fairy god power (40): 4 elements attack (much stronger)
Time fairy power (40): inflict slow, 4 elements attack (weak), all attributes +10
Master skills (50): skill power + 40%

The last trait could be one of the following:
Power hitter (35): attack +25
Dragon power (20): critical hit rate up + inflict poison (strong)
Life robber (40): 15% physical damage --> HP recovery

For armor:
Enhanced fiber (50): defence +25, reduced damage taken (weak)
Life guard (40): HP +80
Defender (30): defence +25

The last two traits could be the followings:
fire/ice OR lightning/earth elements wall (20): 2 elements defence +20
mental guard (40): MP +80
Stamina guard (30): LP +80
lightened (2): speed +10

For your question 2:
Skill boost doesn't affect meruru power item skills. But dragon power will ensure a high item critical rate so I would recommend that for meruru or item users. That is AMAZING.

For your question 3:
If you have already owned the yellow gryphon, no, elemental defence is not that important.
However, instead of weapon and armor, I believe it is more important to have good accessories since there's not much difference if you have the traits suggested above.
#3Silfurbor_Negla(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 3:29:52 PM
Thx for the reply

My weapon already got the traits you said, and i think ill add skill boost for my last trait since i dont find crit up to be very effective (crit up from full LP is enough imo)
Hmm never crossed in my mind to add +80 mp/lp since recovery item are very powerful, but since you said element resist its not that important, ill give it a try

Skill boost doesn't affect meruru power item skills. But dragon power will ensure a high item critical rate so I would recommend that for meruru or item users. That is AMAZING.

Oh i see, then its useless to put skill boost in meruru weapon
And i just know that crit up trait affect item critical too, i guess its a must for meruru, thanks

If you have already owned the yellow gryphon, no, elemental defence is not that important.
However, instead of weapon and armor, I believe it is more important to have good accessories

The gryphon is easy, ive even manage to beat the lv99 goddess :)
And yea i dont feel like element resist is helpful, but idk why i out them on my armor lol

I wont bother with accesories since unlike weapon/armor that we can easily add/overwrite trait by making them ingot/cloth again, we need to do a time consuming experiment to get thr trait we want, and i only get 1 month left xD
And i already got decent angel charm (with royal crown, magma stone, big tree trait, And all stat +10 and 5), and decent speed belt (speed +93), ill work to make them better at 2nd playthrough

since there's not much difference if you have the traits suggested above.

Well the weapon do make a lot of difference, my sterk can do like 3-4k damage (hard to count, too many number :p) with his skill, i dont think its possible to reach that without those godly trait
---
#4krrsosPosted 8/3/2011 9:23:31 PM
If you still have one month, I highly suggest you download the new machina area and test your equipments there. You only need ten days to travel there. If you could defeat everyone there, then basically you have mastered your equipments (and items).
#5Silfurbor_Negla(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 10:20:01 PM
Isnt that dungeon can only be played after we clear the game?
iirc the description said to load clear data, Im still on my 1st playthrough and it wont open

Actually Im kinda worried if the dlc cant be used on non-jp account, Ive download and install the dlc from jp account but Im playing the whole game on my US account (my main account)

But iirc totori isnt region locked on dlc playbility
Id like to know if someone else playing meruru on non jp account and confirm the dlc work for non jp-account too
---
#6krrsosPosted 8/4/2011 12:19:31 AM
Oh, my bad, I forget that you need a clear data to unlock that area.
That's right, you need to be in your 2nd playthrough.
#7ByuusanPosted 8/4/2011 12:19:29 PM

while we're at it, does anyone know if Accessories trait will stack if both accessories has the same traits? Well granted not traits like Royal Crown but traits like + Parameter, Reduced MP cost.

#8Silfurbor_Negla(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 4:14:36 PM
I think they will stack, both of my accesories got the big tree trait and both still give all stat +10, even the regen effect can be stacked (with angel charm i got 70+ hp regen each time i move)

Dk about mp cost reduction though, never used them, well its not that hard to test them anyway
---