How to reach alchemy lv50 before endgame

#1maryalexPosted 6/10/2012 2:42:20 AM
This will be my fifth or sixth playthorugh.
I've tried reaching alchemy lv50 many times but before the game ends I only managed to reach lv49 so far.
I'm aiming to Rorona's ending B.
Is there a trick or something that can help me reaching alchemy lv50 quickly?
---
dream flows, a star shines
#2ridalnae_drachePosted 6/10/2012 2:48:36 AM
1. If you have time, spamming Elixirs is VERY easy.
2. If you don't, you can try spamming New Land Rations.
---
I'm gonna go butter up my pooper with it real good! ~ choice line courtesy of Corpse Party's Seiko.
http://backloggery.com/drachenmeister
#3SvenyipPosted 6/10/2012 3:04:27 AM(edited)
Yeah, Elixirs, combined with having the Homs looking for relevant items and using the created Elixirs as a component when you're making the NEXT Elixir is the easiest way to do it without worrying about supplies.

And make sure you create the Elixirs one at a time for optimal XP. Creating 20 of an item all at once will earn you considerably less experience than making each one individually.

Just make sure you don't stop and think, "Whew, I'm done!" JUST as you hit Level 50! You need to make one or two more items AFTER that point via alchemy to see all the relevant scenes or that ending won't trigger even at Level 50. (I learned THAT one the hard way!)
---
[PS3/Vita] Peridot_Weapon (with underscore)
RoToRu - Triple Platinum.
#4MatrierePosted 6/10/2012 3:38:36 AM
To get to Alchemy LV50 I wholesaled ingredients for New Land Ration and made them one by one.
---
Currently Playing: Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention, Record of Agarest War Zero, Dynasty Warriors 7: XL
#5SeldioPosted 6/10/2012 4:56:42 AM
I did craft lots of Warp Gates from LV 45 onwards - it wasn't too bad since the ingredients aren't hard to get ( farm lots of Azure Wings from Cape Ichijio ) and one synth gives you around 250-270 XP - at 49 it drops down to 160-170.

While it's an easy one, I guess the downfall is that it's a recipe which'll cost you 6 days every time you craft one so you'd at least need quite a few months remaining to grind those last 5 alchemy level.
I don't know about the other methods, since I didn't test it yet but maybe the xp ratio is way better there and you don't waste so much days.

Of course you can always save your game, synth like crazy until you hit Alch. 50, run around the map till the end, watch the ending where Alchemy 50 is required, get your trophy and then load up your save file and resume your game.
#6MatrierePosted 6/10/2012 5:26:00 AM(edited)
New Land Ration is definitely the best, I was getting 50-ish XP at 49 to 50 with all Alchemy facilities up and synthing only takes a day. I was pressed for time while getting the ending so I had to make the days count.
---
Currently Playing: Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention, Record of Agarest War Zero, Dynasty Warriors 7: XL
#7maryalex(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 10:14:48 AM
Wow! Thanks guys! This is very helpful!!!
---
dream flows, a star shines
#8StarlightRainPosted 6/10/2012 11:20:36 AM
Just to get an idea... I'm at lvl38 after 3 years. How much time am I looking at in order to grind to lvl50 with Elixirs?
#9MatrierePosted 6/10/2012 11:32:45 AM
I grinded from around Lv22 to 40 in a month with New Land Rations to get Warp Gate quickly. Getting to Lv47 shouldn't take very long and if you're doing development you'll hit 45-47 naturally (maybe a month if you're grinding Alchemy XP exclusively), after 47 the required exp shoots up considerably. 47-50 took me almost three months of game time IIRC.
---
#10SvenyipPosted 6/10/2012 11:59:09 AM(edited)
StarlightRain posted...
Just to get an idea... I'm at lvl38 after 3 years. How much time am I looking at in order to grind to lvl50 with Elixirs?

Took me about 8 months to go from 39 to 50, if memory serves, doing them one at a time. Make sure you have the relevant development buildings to improve your alchemy XP gains, reduce the number of items needed in synthesis, etc.

If you have the time to spend on Elixirs, I'd still suggest that route because you'll get XP gains faster in "real life time" - especially when you're low enough level to still be getting the "complexity XP boost" from higher-level items. (Even if you fail, you'll still get this same, accelerated XP gain.)

If you're pressed for "in game time", switch to the New Land Rations when you get nearer to Level 50 (or even use them from the very beginning). It's more tedious in-game because you're doing five crafts in five days instead of just one, but it should give you a better overall increase in daily XP gains.

But with two years left, you should have plenty of time for Elixir power-levelling, especially with the Homs gathering the ingredients you need during the days you're spending crafting. I don't recommend it for an actual serious gameplay way to get to Level 50, as there are plenty of USEFUL things that you could be crafting instead. :) It's just a power-level-for-ending approach.
---
[PS3/Vita] Peridot_Weapon (with underscore)
RoToRu - Triple Platinum.