Eternity Goddess battle

#21AlexanderStrifePosted 6/25/2012 9:52:57 PM
Eternity Goddess is level 100+ with LP DMG HP Drain and MP DMG on all her attacks. I see tons of you have yet to even grasp that concept...

She was meant to be the most powerful "optional" boss in the game before DLC. You need peacemakers, New Land Rations and/or Dragon BBQ, Elixirs with self-activating trait, Merulixers, ankhs, and Gio and/or DLC chars with maxed out gear...meaning over 100 trait points on some pieces. She's not meant to be easy, and as the fight goes on, she gets stronger and starts critting on most of her hits.
#22MatrierePosted 6/25/2012 10:57:57 PM
AlexanderStrife posted...
Eternity Goddess is level 100+ with LP DMG HP Drain and MP DMG on all her attacks. I see tons of you have yet to even grasp that concept...

She was meant to be the most powerful "optional" boss in the game before DLC. You need peacemakers, New Land Rations and/or Dragon BBQ, Elixirs with self-activating trait, Merulixers, ankhs, and Gio and/or DLC chars with maxed out gear...meaning over 100 trait points on some pieces. She's not meant to be easy, and as the fight goes on, she gets stronger and starts critting on most of her hits.

To be honest I only had the maxed gear part (but only one accessory). Only used an Elixir twice, no bombs or buff items, used Gio and Hanna because I was already running with them in the first place.

Also, think about this; the Wyvern in Makina dungeon SUMMONS Eternity Goddesses. One at first, then two of them. At the same time.
---
Currently Playing: Atelier Meruru, Infamous 2, Lollipop Chainsaw, Dragon's Dogma
#23AlexanderStrifePosted 6/25/2012 11:50:52 PM
Makina is DLC and even the lowest fights there contain level 100 (and higher) enemies.
Makina is also meant to be nearly unbeatable without the perfect setup...
Once again, I said Eternity Goddess is meant to be the strongest optional NON-DLC boss....which she is. Also, DLC chars are incredibly strong, on par with Gio's combat ability (or able to buff Gio to insane heights) in most cases.
#24MatrierePosted 6/26/2012 1:03:18 AM
AlexanderStrife posted...
Makina is DLC and even the lowest fights there contain level 100 (and higher) enemies.
Makina is also meant to be nearly unbeatable without the perfect setup...
Once again, I said Eternity Goddess is meant to be the strongest optional NON-DLC boss....which she is. Also, DLC chars are incredibly strong, on par with Gio's combat ability (or able to buff Gio to insane heights) in most cases.

Personally I think I could have done better if I brought other characters to the Eternity Goddess fight (like the Mimi/Lias combo) or if I replaced Hanna since she was there for the item drops. I found true end Airshatter a bit more challenging tbh, used the same characters and setup for that and I actually almost died there near the end.
---
Currently Playing: Atelier Meruru, Infamous 2, Lollipop Chainsaw, Dragon's Dogma
#25KebladekingPosted 6/26/2012 3:46:02 AM
Is Gio really so good? Im still on my first playthrough, but Mimi+Lias combo destroys everything so far ( with full uber gear ofc). I mean Mimi has speed down and armor ignore skill, Lias has a chance to lower WT as well as increase enemy WT. Meruru and Mimi with Angel suits->Lias usually get last hit and kill enemy. How can Gio beat that combo?
#26Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 6/26/2012 3:48:22 AM
Kebladeking posted...
Is Gio really so good? Im still on my first playthrough, but Mimi+Lias combo destroys everything so far ( with full uber gear ofc). I mean Mimi has speed down and armor ignore skill, Lias has a chance to lower WT as well as increase enemy WT. Meruru and Mimi with Angel suits->Lias usually get last hit and kill enemy. How can Gio beat that combo?

You can spam gio 1st skill 4-5 times in a row
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#27AlexanderStrifePosted 6/26/2012 4:31:48 AM
Gio's slash x4-5, followed by his ultimate or a team combo peacemaker if he drops his slash spam pretty much destroys even the toughest enemies. Combine with Rufus' buff for, Speed Belt, and Angel Charm with an ultimate skill weapon and armor for insane attacks per round. Generally, the other DLC chars replace his usual teammates (Hanna for farming replaces Esty and Sterk, Rufus replaces Mimi, Lias gets ousted in favor of Pamela.) because they are just better in terms of synergy. Would love to see Astrid as DLC, as well. Her skills would probably be items with 2x dmg instead of lowering the damage like Totori's.
#28KebladekingPosted 6/26/2012 4:44:48 AM
I dont plan to get any of dlc characters. Whom should I drop for Gio? I think I should keep Mimi, since she is so fast and have armor ignore skill.
#29TatsuSuouPosted 6/26/2012 5:38:55 AM
ridalnae_drache posted...
Make better equips. I beat Eternity Goddess at a lower level than you.

I made the same items as you but she still owns me. My party is level 86 too with angel charms/speed belts and ultimate gear with fairly decent stats. 90% of the battle goes smoothy but then she regenerates 3000 and 4500 HP, attacks 3 times without my party even getting a turn. Also that "spirit" attack she does 1 shots everyone except Meruru but then she kills her off on the next turn anyway.

Augh, how do you guys beat her at like level 45..?
---
Feel The Ether
http://backloggery.com/Mayadome
#30SayoriaPosted 6/26/2012 6:13:12 AM
TatsuSuou posted...
ridalnae_drache posted...
Make better equips. I beat Eternity Goddess at a lower level than you.

I made the same items as you but she still owns me. My party is level 86 too with angel charms/speed belts and ultimate gear with fairly decent stats. 90% of the battle goes smoothy but then she regenerates 3000 and 4500 HP, attacks 3 times without my party even getting a turn. Also that "spirit" attack she does 1 shots everyone except Meruru but then she kills her off on the next turn anyway.

Augh, how do you guys beat her at like level 45..?

Yeah, I don't know how they do it either. I mean, if they do, I am sure it is a complete pain in the ass to do. Especially since at level 99, that Spirit's Grief attack is enough to annoy the hell out of you, especially when she uses it twice.

Then again, I struggled on the first playthrough. I am on my second, and beat her, then had to reload and do it again for screwing something up. To be honest, I have used Esty and Sterk the first time, Lias and Keina the second, and Mimi and Gio the third.

Know who I had the easiest time with? Keina and Lias. Not even kidding.
---
"Ehhhhhhhhhhh????"
*Proud Downtown Gaki No Tsukai fan*