Makina too easy?

#1raszgaalPosted 6/19/2012 2:20:32 PM
Every boss in this new area had maximum one turn vs. my party on my first run. They probably only used their weakest attacks because of that. As long as you have great ankhs and meteors your party cannot lose. Didn't even proc any debuffs on bosses. In fact, no auto elixirs were used either, since meruru doesn't drop from 900hp.

My party was :

Totori
Lias
Meruru

I kinda hope Atelier Ayesha ramps up the difficulty for post game challenges.
#2LoveLightningPosted 6/19/2012 3:15:47 PM
How's your equipment like?
---
http://i31.tinypic.com/lvf38.jpg
~Those legs~
#3clostansPosted 6/19/2012 3:21:53 PM
raszgaal posted...
In fact, no auto elixirs were used either, since meruru doesn't drop from 900hp.

How do yo even have 900hp with Meruru?

I'm lvl 99 and only need an angel charm to have the perfect equipment, and I'm around 500. And I don't know how a single angel charm can give me 500 hp :p
#4hardcore rpg gamerPosted 6/19/2012 5:43:38 PM(edited)
raszgaal posted...
In fact, no auto elixirs were used either, since meruru doesn't drop from 900hp.

I'm lvl 99 and only need an angel charm to have the perfect equipment, and I'm around 500. And I don't know how a single angel charm can give me 500 hp :p

He used an item in battle (pretty sure it's the Ankh).

I cleared it without too much trouble myself. Aside from uber equipment (which you should have), you should have powerful Meteors and Elixirs as the bare minimum. I myself didn't use the Ankhs, I wanted to give the bosses a fighting chance (and enjoy the music to some of them a bit). Here's pretty much how I did things (also, had only a few months left on that save, so I'm working with what I had).

My setup was (Meruru, Mimi, and Lias):

Ultimate Weapon for each character (Time Spirit, Deity Power, Spirit Power, Rainbow Power, Black Element)
Soul Guard (Fortified Fiber, Defender, Life Guard, Red + Blue Barrier, Green + Gold Barrier)
Speed Belt (Ultra Quality, Fairy's Prayer, Royal Style, Stats Power, Diamond Light)
Angel Charm (Same as Speed Belt)

First Boss: Tower's Devil (Evil Face)
Easy, rape his ass.

Second Boss: Hammer Bunny x3
Easy, build up your support gauges to 2, have Meruru use a powerful Meteor with 3+ uses and do the Power Item -> Potentialize. Watch them die. Also, kill them all at once, or they'll call for help when one dies.

Third Boss: Rorora, Totori, and Meruru themed Squirrels.
Don't die, and repeat what you did with the Hammer Bunnies. I <3 Meteors.

Now, here, I left, and made the Infinity Meteor with the new recipe I got. Also replaced my Speed Belts with Day-Night Rings (same traits, effects were Night Blessing and Star Power).

Not quite sure on the effects, since they don't get added to the Library and the Japanese wiki doesn't always translate well. Night Blessing should be something like higher odds for Critical Hits and a chance to shorten WT (Quick?). Star Power takes the difference between your HP and MP, and adds that to the lowest one while subtracting from the higher one.

Now, with my new gear in hand, I went back in.

Forth Boss: Heaven's Dragon
Just another Wyvern, he just hits harder. Kill him like you do the rest (use that nice new Infinity Meteor too :P). Beware though, if you give him the chance, he'll run away and summon an Eternity Goddess (much like the fight in Modis Ruins). Later on, if you let him do it again, he'll summon TWO Eternity Goddesses. Anyway, Meteor -> Power Item -> Potentialize...

Fifth (and last) Boss: God of Makina\
Used Mimi and Lias special attacks (drop Speed first, and Lias for the WT knockback), and used the Meteors and Elixirs as necessary. This boss can hit hard if you're not careful. I eventually prevailed. She has a TON of health, but.... Potentialized Meteors are broken as hell. Nice challenge though :D
---
The sentence below is true.
The sentence above is false.
#5Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 6/19/2012 5:52:37 PM
If you use the broken trait (cost bonus+effect boost lv1+effect boost lv2), it will be easy, especially if you use uber ankh (massive stat buff and temporary 999 hp), will be a lot easier if you also use uber royal aroma

I still remember my 1st time visiting makina, casually walk in with only decet equipment and bad auto elixir, it was lot of fun untill makina of god wipe out my party lol

I doubt ayesha will have harder post game content, they always let us to create broken stuff lol
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#6raszgaal(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 7:48:37 PM
The temp hp+ effect of ankhs is how you reach 900+hp in battle. The "Time Blessed" and SPD+ effects are the real reason I use this item though. Lias' WT skills coupled with these buffs makes the boss just bend over and take everything :/

The traits on my gear/items are as follows :

Mystical Ankh
-Sonic Slow
-Cost Bonus
-Effect Boost Lv1
-Effect Boost Lv2
-HandCrafted

Meteor
-Rank Special
-Cost Bonus
-Sure Shot
-Effect Boost Lv1
-Effect Boost Lv2

Weapons
-Rainbow Power
-Master Skill
-Deity Power
-Time Spirit
-Power Hitter

Armors
-Life Guard
-Defender
-Defense Boost
-Red+Blue Barrier
-Green+Gold Barrier

Speed Belt
-Stats Power
-Speed Star
-Fairy's Prayer
-Speed Boost
-Speed Charge

Angel Charm
-Royal Style
-Stats Power
-Speed Star
-Fairy's Prayer
-HandCrafted

I entered the dungeon at Lv90 but came out at 99 as a result. Friendship levels were all 100.
#7clostansPosted 6/19/2012 8:06:27 PM
hardcore rpg gamer posted...
raszgaal posted...

He used an item in battle (pretty sure it's the Ankh).

Oh, okay. I ended the game twice without using any Ankh lol.
#8MatrierePosted 6/20/2012 1:02:47 AM
Finally did it, that last boss was annoying. Had the following:

Meteor/Infinity Meteor
-Rank Special
-Cost Bonus
-Effect Boost Lv2
-Effect Boost Lv1
-Sure Shot

Elixir (HP Recovery XL, Ailment Recovery, HP Healing XL)
-Bargain Bin
-Recovery
-Healing Essence
-Clever Heal
-Source of Life
(Yep, no autouse, was too lazy to make another one.)

Mystical Ankh
-Cost Bonus
-Effect Boost Lv2
-Effect Boost Lv1
-Hand-Crafted
-Jumbo (kind of a mistake)

Weapons
-Rainbow Power
-Deity Power
-Time Spirit
-Master Skill
-Power Hitter

Armor
-Fortified Fiber
-Life Guard
-Defender
-HP Boost
-Lightweight

Speed Belt
-Royal Style
-Stats Power
-Speed Star
-Fairy's Prayer
-Hand-Crafted

Meruru had Heroic Medal with Quality Lv3 (lol), Mimi had Angel Charm with...Hand-Crafted and Lias had a Gnardi Ring with Lightweight and Speed+7. Yes, I didn't bother making the new accessories.

First to third bosses just ate Potentialized Meteor, went out and made an Infinity Meteor, went back in.

Fourth boss, had to use the good ol delay turns with Lias and Mimi while throwing Meteors.

Fifth boss, holy. Don't guard in this battle for the love of god. Just delayed her turns as usual, used Ankh on everyone, throw Potentialized Meteors when allies have two assists ready, else Elixir. It took a while but I eventually beat her. Doesn't do much damage as long as you don't guard.
---
Currently Playing: Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention, Record of Agarest War Zero, Dynasty Warriors 7: XL
#9SvenyipPosted 6/20/2012 1:22:06 PM
So hopefully for the next game, they've learned one simple rule:

Make your high-end bosses immune to Speed Down / Turn Delay abilities.
---
[PS3/Vita] Peridot_Weapon (with underscore)
#10MasterLLPosted 6/20/2012 2:37:56 PM
Try without using Anhk or quick attacks (like Gio's or Rufus).

Damn, she'll have like 5+ The End's Light on the list and it'll pretty much keep YOU at the bottom of the list forever.

My Mimi and Totori had no Assist Gauge at all (since Meruru is at the VERY LAST SLOT on the list due to The End's Light).. and all I need is ONE more hit (boss had a centimeter left on her health gauge after I used Meruru's Peacemaker Lv1).

Sadly, for some reason, Totori didn't auto-use Elixir on one of the The End's Light while in critical state (auto-trigger when under 50% HP) and the next The End's Light (which was the 4th out of 5 on the list) KO my party.

If only Totori auto-Elixir there and survive the 5th The End's Light (and hope I don't get knocked down the list again), I would have won... it was so disheartening.

The list was insane.. it was pretty much:
Meruru, Totori, Mimi, Machina, 5x The End's Light, 3x Death Scent, Meteor lv1, Peacemaker lv1

Whole damn card list was so crowded lol.
---
Playing: Atelier Meruru, IM@S2 | Want: Agarest War 2, RE6, Neptune V, Ni no Kuni
http://www.youtube.com/MasterLL