Help my pick my fifth weapon trait.

#1ubershrubPosted 6/24/2012 7:43:16 AM
I'm putting together my "ultimate weapon" package, and I have a bit of a conundrum on my hands. I'm a big fan of status ailments and damage cheese, so Rainbow Power, Deity Power, Time Spirit and Power Hitter are all givens. However, that only soaks up four of the five available slots.

What's a good fifth-slot trait for a top-tier weapon?
#2MasterLLPosted 6/24/2012 7:54:18 AM
I would say "Master Skill" (whatever is the best Skill bonus trait) because it is more than likely you'll be spamming Skills with everyone when attacking.

Power Hitter, iirc, won't even be a factor on your attacks unless you do Normal Attacks or Specials though.
---
Playing: IM@S2 | Want: Agarest War 2, RE6, Neptune V, Ni no Kuni
http://www.youtube.com/MasterLL
#3ubershrub(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2012 7:59:53 AM
I may be getting the names mixed up - is Power Hitter the Attack Boost + Attack Charge trait? I thought it just provided a straight Atk+ effect, which seems like it would benefit Skills just fine.
#4KebladekingPosted 6/24/2012 8:02:43 AM
Actually just for Meruru you can put lightweight or dragon power instead of master skill. I went with lightweight. But for anyone who relies on skill master skill all the way. Its like flat 40% damage boost.
#5StarlightRainPosted 6/24/2012 9:29:48 AM
Just made 2 sets of 9 ingots with Rainbow Power, Spirit Power, Time Spirit, Power Hitter, Master Skill, Lightweight and Fine Craft between them. And pick the ones that work for you. You can always disassemble and register if you want to switch... It's not like you'll need cole once you have most of your equipment in order.

Heard that the life steal traits are pointless since either your accessory regen will keep you alive anyway or you're just gonna die in one hit...
#6Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 6/24/2012 9:35:14 AM
Power hitter affect all damage including skill, but if you love to spam skill, putting master skill+skill boost will give better damage than master skill+power hitter

Weapon trait template
-Popular set:
Rainbow, deity, time spirit, master skill, power hitter
-Skill spammer set:
Rainbow, deity, time spirit, master skill, skill boost
-Support set (totori duplicate / keina buff):
Time spirit, master skill, skill boost, skill +20%, skill+10%
-Meruru special:
Time spirit, (ice-sleep-hp+50)*, (lightning-blind-speed+15)*, (earth-curse-def+15)*, dragon power / lightweight
* = dont know what the trait name in english version, I write the traits effect
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#7ubershrub(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2012 10:00:07 AM
Hmm... I haven't run into Dragon Power before. What does it do? I'm guessing from the name that the recipe is Spirit Power + Dragon Repel, correct?
#8ubershrub(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2012 12:34:46 PM
Hold up - I think we may be looking at a translation issue here. By "Dragon Power", do you mean "Wyvern Power"? The Crit Up + Poison trait from Wyvern Claws? Or is there a different one?
#9Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 6/24/2012 3:51:25 PM
ubershrub posted...
Hold up - I think we may be looking at a translation issue here. By "Dragon Power", do you mean "Wyvern Power"? The Crit Up + Poison trait from Wyvern Claws? Or is there a different one?

Yeah that one, its called dragon power in japanese version, it affect critical rate from item too
Though Id say the crit up isnt that great
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#10MatrierePosted 6/24/2012 10:11:07 PM
Yeah, the Wyvern Power became kind of useless since I put Sure Shot into my bombs.
---
Currently Playing: Atelier Meruru, Infamous 2, Lollipop Chainsaw, Dragon's Dogma