Devil Survivor 3 Possibility

#1Crimson_petalsPosted 10/26/2011 6:34:08 AM
Here's some question:

1. Like the title, are you guys pesimistic or optimistic??
2. How much possibility will there be Devil Survivor 3??
3. How about sharing the story of Devil Survivor 3 from your idea?
4. Do you prefer FeMC or MC for Devil Survivor 3?
5. I'm new in the gaming world, but how long the time they need to develop a game?

Last question,
Will you play it if Atlus really release it??

Thank you and sorry if there any mistake and if this topic offend anyone.
---
A to Z
#2WesternShotgunPosted 10/26/2011 7:01:01 AM
1. Like the title, are you guys pesimistic or optimistic??
I'm optimistic! This series is actually very successful in Japan.

2. How much possibility will there be Devil Survivor 3??
60% I suppose, in my opinion.

3. How about sharing the story of Devil Survivor 3 from your idea?
Umm well if you ask me since they've been expanding the scope of things since DeSu1, DeSu3 should well involve other countries in its setting as well. Probably the entirety of Asia first? But I'd love saving the world in locales like Venice and everywhere else; but still with a primary focus on Japan of course.

4. Do you prefer FeMC or MC for Devil Survivor 3?
Giving us a choice and molding conversation to that choice like P3P would be ideal.

5. I'm new in the gaming world, but how long the time they need to develop a game?
Uh varies a lot. Final Fantasy Versus XIII for example had been in development for years. IIRC Strange Journey was released only last year, but DeSu2 is already released this year. I guess it depends on human capital distribution and developmental aspirations. Developers like Nomura with a perfectionist streak would invest ages to make one hell of a game while others may take less time to create a couple of decent games. Atlus is one exception though - they develop relatively fast and their games are really good with substantial depth; evident through SMT.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Jeanne d'Arc, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
#3kuroi_shinigamiPosted 10/26/2011 4:55:15 PM
Well, Atlus' game visual mostly isn't that good, unlike Square's, so they can finish game faster than Square for the game's development. I agree though that Atlus usually made game with great story without too much development time.
#4HiddenDoorwayPosted 10/26/2011 7:03:11 PM
Devil Survivor 2 took two years to make.
---
Woof!
#5HiddenDoorwayPosted 10/26/2011 7:03:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6WesternShotgunPosted 10/27/2011 7:07:12 AM
Like I said, human capital distribution. Probably it's another development team within the company that wasn't involved with SJ.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Jeanne d'Arc, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
#7Crimson_petals(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2011 2:34:28 AM
Hrrrmmm -.-...
So if they(Atlus) gonna release Devil Survivor 3, it will still need 2-3 years to develop.
#8zavlinzPosted 11/7/2011 1:34:45 PM(edited)
Crimson_petals posted...
Will you play it if Atlus really release it??

I'll play any game atlus develops.
#9EncephlonPosted 11/20/2011 3:06:57 AM(edited)
Devil Survivor 3(DS)
or
Devil Survivor 3DS?

Didn't the creator say that 2 would be the final one of the Devil Survivor series? Read that somewhere..
---
So many games, so little time...
Unfortunately most portable/HD remakes suffer "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome. Nostalgia ftw.
#10HiddenDoorwayPosted 11/20/2011 8:08:11 AM

Didn't the creator say that 2 would be the final one of the Devil Survivor series? Read that somewhere..

I've never heard anything like that. And it would be a really stupid thing to do since the games have quickly become some of the best selling MegaTen games.

Plus, Atlus lies all the time.
---
Woof!