Jungo(character)

#1killernomnoms1Posted 12/22/2011 2:08:19 PM
Somethimes I hear the hype about Jungo being cool and awesome.

Can someone tell me why.

In a way I can understand.

LIKE THIS!
---
How many teeth in your butt?
CHRISTOPHER WOLKENS
#2killernomnoms1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2011 2:11:10 PM
oH and can someone tell me why the mc is outclassed in this game

I just see lo throwing a thunderbolt and it seems to be that the mc is not even important
---
How many teeth in your butt?
CHRISTOPHER WOLKENS
#3HiddenDoorwayPosted 12/22/2011 5:04:17 PM
*Minor Spoilers*

Jungo is one of the most powerful physical fighters in the game, at least early on when pretty much every skill point goes into strength. That and when you first meet him you see him beating up a bunch of yakuza.

*Bigger Spoilers*

The MC is more of just a leader type. Most of the group looks up to him and follows his choices. He isn't some demon lord or anything like that in the end. Also, the reason Io throws the giant lightning bolt isn't so much of a good thing as it is a bad thing. It's not some crazy attack, it's really a summoning ritual that can end up killing her in some circumstances.

The game is a lot more focused on character based events, and naturally since the MC doesn't really have a character, he doesn't get really awesome scenes.
---
Woof!
#4nemesiskite55Posted 12/31/2011 7:50:23 PM
HiddenDoorway posted...
Also, the reason Io throws the giant lightning bolt isn't so much of a good thing as it is a bad thing. It's not some crazy attack, it's really a summoning ritual that can end up killing her in some circumstances.

Whoa, what? Can you explain, without much spoiling?
---
Currently playing SMT:SJ (second run, shooting for Law), Indigo Prophecy, and Makai Kingdom.
I still refuse to "upgrade" to current gen. PS2 > all
#5HiddenDoorwayPosted 1/1/2012 12:31:43 AM

Whoa, what? Can you explain, without much spoiling?

Not really.
---
Woof!
#6ShadowRaskolnikPosted 1/2/2012 6:46:46 PM
@HiddenDoorway

So are his stats the only thing that makes him an awesome character or does his story play into this as well?
#7RudyBeoulvePosted 1/3/2012 2:17:12 AM
He's funny. He uses fragmented speech, has a very simple mind and has a set of scenes with Fumi (another one of my favorite characters) that are pretty hilarious.

MC/Otome/Fumi/Jungo. <3
---
Superhero name: The Excretionist
Superpower: Your nipples excrete a highly explosive yet delicious substance.
#8HiddenDoorwayPosted 1/3/2012 9:36:51 AM

@HiddenDoorway

So are his stats the only thing that makes him an awesome character or does his story play into this as well?

*Spoilerish stuff*

Jungo is both a badass and a mentally handicapped man. He's similar to Lenny from Of Mice and Men in that he is strong, but simple minded. He cares about his friends and has some of the saddest Enishi scenes.

And he's a chef that just randomly will give people the only dish he learned how to make.

And he gets a cat, and tries to also name it Jungo.
---
Woof!
#9ej92Posted 1/3/2012 7:48:26 PM
And he speaks in third person.
---
Everything you believe in is a lie. I think. Maybe. Who knows.
#10NiuPosted 1/3/2012 8:20:23 PM
This is actually the creepy part about Jungo.
Despite being a tall grown man.... for some reason you see various arch type of anime little girls tagged on him.
---
"So, this is the happy goodbye..." Sherah, RS MS -www.rpgdl.com-