Battle Trailer is up!

#1DexterTheThirdPosted 2/24/2012 5:38:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6En7f9P919g

Looks good! Details are nice to have and the visuals are getting me pumped. The vid says "available now" but I'm thinking the vid probably just went live early.
---
HFC: Since 2002. This should be required playing for entrance to GameFAQs: http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#2DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/24/2012 5:48:42 PM(edited)
Did I see Vritra in that vid? (Near the end with the fishy dude casting Holy Dance.)

I hope he gets Repel Ice. :p
---
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/pugwishbone17/Gifs/vkmad.gif
#3Nickcool1996Posted 2/24/2012 8:04:30 PM
Looks better than the original.

Hopefully it has more content than Overclocked. Naoya's route has me at 32 hours on my 2nd playthrough of a certain day and 1st playthrough total o-o
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#4HiddenDoorwayPosted 2/24/2012 8:50:56 PM

Looks better than the original.

Hopefully it has more content than Overclocked. Naoya's route has me at 32 hours on my 2nd playthrough of a certain day and 1st playthrough total o-o

The game is overall a little bit longer than Overclocked if you go through all the routes and endings.

And there is nearly twice as many demons, a few more playable characters, more playable characters before you choose your route, more bosses, more skills, and a relationship system. It easily has more content than Overclocked.
---
Woof!
#5natchu96Posted 2/25/2012 12:08:33 AM
I'm new to Devil Survivor, and just saw that trailer.

Hmm . . . interesting. So you can only move your guy up to the enemy and hit them for one turn unless you start exploiting weaknesses?

What characters do you guys recommend I spend time on the most? Battle and Fate system-wise.
---
Never refer to me by the letters in my username. It's an account name I had during my early school days that stuck. It does not sound too good when pronounced.
#6HiddenDoorwayPosted 2/25/2012 8:36:23 AM

What characters do you guys recommend I spend time on the most? Battle and Fate system-wise.

Whoever you want. There is no one party that is better than the others. Although you're probably going to want two physical characters and two magical characters in your main party.

But the first three days will let you experiment with almost all of the characters so you can just pick up all the ones you like. Because the first day you spend your day in Tokyo and meet your main four characters that will generally be with you wherever you go, the second day you go to Nagoya and meet the Nagoya branch characters, and then on the third day you go to Osaka and meet the Osaka branch characters.

The game is really nice in setting things up so that you have less of a chance of screwing yourself over.
---
Woof!
#7natchu96Posted 2/27/2012 6:09:06 AM
HiddenDoorway posted...
Whoever you want. There is no one party that is better than the others. Although you're probably going to want two physical characters and two magical characters in your main party.

But the first three days will let you experiment with almost all of the characters so you can just pick up all the ones you like. Because the first day you spend your day in Tokyo and meet your main four characters that will generally be with you wherever you go, the second day you go to Nagoya and meet the Nagoya branch characters, and then on the third day you go to Osaka and meet the Osaka branch characters.

The game is really nice in setting things up so that you have less of a chance of screwing yourself over.

I know literally nothing about demons, though. Now Personas I know a lot about by now, but nothing about demons (I heard there were races? The information is kind of scattered even on the wiki).
---
Never refer to me by the letters in my username. It's an account name I had during my early school days that stuck. It does not sound too good when pronounced.
#8HiddenDoorwayPosted 2/27/2012 6:17:12 AM
Demons are kind of like Peronae, but they are their own individual beings. Your human characters have their own skills, and then they can have two partner demons in battle.

Races simply decide what kind of special skill a demon has. For example, the Fairy race has the special skill Charm which allows them to use a weak healing spell at a ranged distance. The Wilder race has Devil Speed which allows them to sacrifice some HP in order to bump your movement up to 7. There are a ton of races and all of them have their own unique abilities. And in this game race skills have a secondary form that they evolve into when the demon hits a certain level.

For example Charm's first form let's you cast a weak healing spell on an entire team that is within 3 squares away from you. The second form of charm lets you use a weak healing spell on ALL of your teams within three spaces of that character.
---
Woof!
#9Tetsuya_0190Posted 2/27/2012 7:05:10 AM
I love how incredibly easy it makes battles look, what with the PCs dealing so much damage. Either DS2 is a lot easier, or I'm made of fail (given that it's an SRPG, that's very possible), because I never got my characters in DS1 to do anywhere near that much damage.
#10natchu96Posted 2/28/2012 2:33:48 AM
HiddenDoorway posted...
Demons are kind of like Peronae, but they are their own individual beings. Your human characters have their own skills, and then they can have two partner demons in battle.

Races simply decide what kind of special skill a demon has. For example, the Fairy race has the special skill Charm which allows them to use a weak healing spell at a ranged distance. The Wilder race has Devil Speed which allows them to sacrifice some HP in order to bump your movement up to 7. There are a ton of races and all of them have their own unique abilities. And in this game race skills have a secondary form that they evolve into when the demon hits a certain level.

For example Charm's first form let's you cast a weak healing spell on an entire team that is within 3 squares away from you. The second form of charm lets you use a weak healing spell on ALL of your teams within three spaces of that character.

Some people can possibly use a FAQ on this stuff . . .
---