Off the Path (Maybe spoilers)

#1winforlosePosted 3/13/2012 2:57:16 AM
I have been using the translation of alphaiwiki guide translated by Kamui Archetype in order to achieve the secret ending. However this is my third playthrough and I already have every fate 5 title except AO's. I have looked at the original Alpha Wiki Guide using Google translate and I believe I can go off the path slightly and still get everyone to fate 5. My changes would result in AO fate 5 as well. However to do this I would between 1 and 3 final scenes from characters who have become fate 5. Is there any reason not to go off the path, especially considering that I have already seen the emails from the characters in question during my last play through.

Also I need to ask if it is possible that AO will give fate 5 if you don't choose his route. I am making this plan on the assumption that if you speak to him enough without choosing him that you can get fate 5. However If I am wrong I would really appreciate someone telling me.
#2icey_matPosted 3/13/2012 3:07:05 AM
You can only max AO's fate by following his route... at day 6 he should have 4 fate
---
It will steal your soul... 9gag :D
3DS FC - 4339-2500-5652
#3winforlose(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 3:08:26 AM
icey_mat posted...
You can only max AO's fate by following his route... at day 6 he should have 4 fate

Thank you, just to be clear are you 100% sure?
#4blassterPosted 3/13/2012 3:17:50 AM(edited)
I do think that is the case for AO as well. You can only get him to Fate rank 5 on his route, alone. All else can be achieved on Daichi secret end.

You should try it if you have nothing to lose tho, since you should already have couple at rank 5 previously, so only need to get them enough to rank 4 and spend as much time possible for AO.
---
Anticipating: Fire Emblem DS2, Luminous Arc 3, Mugen no Frontier 2, Valkyria Chronicles 3
Playing: Atelier Totori, Devil Survivor 2, BBCS Extend
#5winforlose(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 4:40:00 AM(edited)
Ok, this is on topic but differs from the previous flow of conversation. The path seems to miss Dera Dera, and since Dera Dera is needed for a true perfect ending, is it better to completely skip AO so as to get everyone else to 5 but to leave AO at 1. Would this in any way effect the ending?

Or the other option seems to be getting both AO and Dera Dera but missing some of the extra scenes after someone is fate 5 on day 7. Is this the superior choice, and again how would it effect the ending. (Since I have already received the day 7 emails from the characters whose scenes I would skip, does that mean I don't lose anything by not getting them this time?)
#6blassterPosted 3/13/2012 6:31:55 AM
winforlose posted...
Ok, this is on topic but differs from the previous flow of conversation. The path seems to miss Dera Dera, and since Dera Dera is needed for a true perfect ending, is it better to completely skip AO so as to get everyone else to 5 but to leave AO at 1. Would this in any way effect the ending?

Or the other option seems to be getting both AO and Dera Dera but missing some of the extra scenes after someone is fate 5 on day 7. Is this the superior choice, and again how would it effect the ending. (Since I have already received the day 7 emails from the characters whose scenes I would skip, does that mean I don't lose anything by not getting them this time?)

Some of AO scenes might be forced, so you have no choice but to view them, but that should not hinder you still from completing Dera Deka chain events. I have AO at Fate rank 2 when I attempt to do Daichi perfect end, so I believe some of them -can- be skipped.

I believe AlphaWiki walkthrough is to get all 12 characters except AO to Fate rank 5 by the end of 7th day, so Dera Deka is possible to fit if you willing to take risk that some of your party members do not reach Fate rank 5 by day 7.

Even greater risk to take is that since Daichi path let you start with Hinako/Jungo/Io/Daichi, you can choose to ignore Hinako and Jungo Fate event for Dera Deka (Io need high Fate to survive day 6, while Daichi to trigger the necessary event after Mizar battle).

Out of the 3 options, I would say push aside event for those who already reach Fate rank 4 by day 6 is the safest way to do it, as only possible loss is not getting Fate rank 5 demons.
---
Anticipating: Fire Emblem DS2, Luminous Arc 3, Mugen no Frontier 2, Valkyria Chronicles 3
Playing: Atelier Totori, Devil Survivor 2, BBCS Extend
#7winforlose(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 6:38:28 AM
I am testing a modification of the walk through, however I still require the day 6 and Day 7 translations so that I can use the best dialogue options. It is my belief that the post fate 5 scenes are not relevant to the ending scenes. As a result they can be missed and everyone will still have fate 5, AO will still have fate 4, Dera Dera will be done, and no additional strain will be put on the player.
#8amc9988Posted 3/13/2012 6:43:49 AM

About getting the special ending, is getting everyone except AO's fate to rank 5 is really necessary? I thought we just need to recuit everyone by getting their fate rank at least rank 4.

#9winforlose(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 6:47:10 AM
amc9988 posted...
About getting the special ending, is getting everyone except AO's fate to rank 5 is really necessary? I thought we just need to recuit everyone by getting their fate rank at least rank 4.

Dera Dera also has a special scene if you do his stuff, but other than that I think your right. For me this is about helping to make a FAQ that will yield the best possible results for the people who use it.