?? Why does everyone hate on Daichi?

#1Skeleton_AthenaPosted 3/16/2012 7:19:12 PM
Imo he seems like what I'd be if I were put into the whole mess too.

The others just seem too calm about the whole world going to hell in 5 minutes then making a living by fighting demons n stuff.

All in all at I think he's likable enough. So why the hate?
#2LightHawKnightPosted 3/16/2012 7:23:34 PM
Cause you know, they hate humanity in general?

---
I had to smile at the man. I mean, you have to smile at idiots and children.
Official Knight of Gamefaqs
#3winforlosePosted 3/16/2012 7:27:19 PM
Skeleton_Athena posted...
Imo he seems like what I'd be if I were put into the whole mess too.

The others just seem too calm about the whole world going to hell in 5 minutes then making a living by fighting demons n stuff.

All in all at I think he's likable enough. So why the hate?

For me its the face that he is always complaining and acting like a coward. I mean people are dying around him, the world is falling apart, and here he is with powerful demons and a strong and reliable group of friends. He should be fighting to help save the survivors and to protect those friends, instead he complains and tries to hide. He seeks non combat jobs and tries to talk his way out of fighting. The way I see it, if your going to get a good meal and a soft bed post apocalypse you have an obligation to earn it.
#4holyknight14Posted 3/16/2012 7:32:14 PM
Because he is the Yuzu of DS2.
---
what goes around comes around, you know who you are and what you tried to do 3/23/09
#5SuperLocoPosted 3/16/2012 7:39:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6zinformantPosted 3/16/2012 7:50:08 PM
He's a loser, a whiner, and a downer. Nobody wants to be stuck with him or his kind in an ordeal.
---
You could write a book, call it "Unidentified Loving Object". It'd sell millions.
#7CyberFortePosted 3/16/2012 7:52:28 PM
In general, in a game, we do not want to see what might or might not be a realistic response. That is to say, games (and especially fantasy ones) are a form of escapism, and so realism isn't necessarily a boon. We have enough complete (and annoying/depressing) realism in reality, and in escaping to a fantasy world, we prefer to deal with it as we might like to imagine ourselves doing, whether or not that is how we would really do it. It might be more realistic if the MC just died from failing to make a contract with his demon, but that, in general, isn't exactly very interesting or enjoyable, is it?
#8SuperLocoPosted 3/16/2012 7:54:25 PM(edited)
He's a loser, a whiner, and a downer. Nobody wants to be stuck with him or his kind in an ordeal.

That. When bad things are happening, the last thing you want is someone around you who is completely negative and only makes situations worse.
---
Aka KingLS.
BUT WHAT ABOUT YOUR SEED, *****?
#9DarkKingCieloPosted 3/16/2012 8:04:13 PM
I love him. Yes he whines, but when it comes down to it, he's a reliable guy. He's the only guy besides MC and Alcor who says "WTF? Why are we fighting? We're friends aren't we? The worlds ending and instead of coming together, you're starting a mini war? THE HELL!?"

He grows up. His Fate Link reflects this. He has character that becomes more and more apparent as he progresses. Not everyone catches on quick and not everyone is a stone-cold badass.

Sorry Daichi doesn't start off a badass but he damn sure evolves into one. He goes from slacker kid trying to escape to leader of an Earth Salvation force that may or may not survive depending on your actions. He's reasonable.

So again, sorry we have characters who don't immediately jump in to save the day. Sorry we have guys who don't silently take down demons. Sorry we have regular guys fighting demons.
---
PSN: Prayer_King, GT: DarkKingCielo
Merrill=BEST WOMAN EVER
#10SuperLocoPosted 3/16/2012 8:06:36 PM
Sorry Daichi doesn't start off a badass but he damn sure evolves into one.

Lol no he doesn't. And stop acting offended. Even by the 8th day he's still a whiny *****.
---
Aka KingLS.
BUT WHAT ABOUT YOUR SEED, *****?