"Secret Plan" chain of events... (spoilers)

#1EnfinetePosted 3/25/2012 3:39:31 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if the chain of events leading to the "And the secret plan?" option on 6th day chow time (I think? or 5th day...) can go further than just the first "Secret Plan" option because later in the event Yamato told me that even I couldn't figure something out regardless. I kind of failed at making everyone rank 4 without guide (didn't do Joe/Clicky early enough + did many Dera-deka events that I already saw in my 1st playthrough+etc etc) but because I invested time on that, I was just thinking I might have missed a couple events in the chain.

Thanks in advance.
---
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land
#2Happy Mask ManPosted 3/25/2012 3:51:55 PM
There are three events in that chain, all on day 5. "Corrupted File" (Fumi), "File Repair" (Ronaldo), and "Secret Scheme" (Ronaldo). The first investigation chain with Ronaldo about his superior isn't required to get the one with the USB drive.
---
A wise man once said, "DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE"
Fooled
#3Enfinete(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2012 4:22:58 PM(edited)
Sorry. My precise question was "is unlocking the option the only thing?" basically. Based on your answer, I'd assume that is the only effect?

Just to clarify, I've already seen all the events you have listed, and already conversed with Yamato and asked about secret plan. He was impressed with that choice (+ FATE I assume) but later in conversation still said "Even you do not know XXXX" and hence I wondered if there are some other events to impress him once more, if you know what I mean.
---
#4Happy Mask ManPosted 3/25/2012 4:29:17 PM
Ah, yes, the additional conversation option and extra story is all you get out of those events. You don't gain a lot in terms of Fate points, so the sidequest is easily skippable to make time for three other events.

The bit that he says you don't know yet is about using Polaris to edit the world. You learn more about that in "Concepts" on day 6.
---
A wise man once said, "DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE"
Fooled
#5Enfinete(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2012 4:54:18 PM
Thanks. And yeah I know about it because this is was my 3rd playthrough (onto 4th one).
---