This game might not be for me

#1psoesmPosted 8/7/2012 9:03:37 AM
I played DeSu1 and beat it and got this game on release. I haven't really played this game that much since I got it because I haven't really had the time. The last time I played it I was about 6 hours in about to start day three. For some reason this game really stresses me out more than the standard smt game that involves going through dungeons. It's probably in part due to the fate system where I'm feel like I have to talk to other characters even if I don't want to so I can level their fate, but mostly due to the how the game plays. In other SMT games I can go through a dungeon and a recruit/fuse as I level up and learn the enemies so that by the end of the dungeon I'm not having any trouble. Here I feel more stressed out about every other battle because I'm constantly having to go back and spend 15-20 minutes reconfiguring my team to deal with a new battle. To make it worse some battles aren't even enjoyable because there's some condition that will end the battle if you're not fast enough or enemies keep respawning. Now I managed to get through the first game because I thought the story was interesting and serious like the first two megatens to make me want to sit through it, but so far I can't get into this one that much.

Anyone else feel the same way?
---
Come join us at the 261 social board:
http://freeblago.forumotion.com/
#2PuerPureePosted 8/7/2012 9:29:12 AM
Not really, no. I'm enjoying it more than DeSu1. It took me a while to be able to get absorbed in the previous one. And ever since I found out that the guy behind Narutaru worked on this too, I started to like it even more.
#3GeschlumenahmenPosted 8/7/2012 10:03:18 AM
Fusing demons is kind of a pain in the a** if you ask me, and because there are more demons in this game than in DeSu 1, I found myself fusing A LOT more often. But other than that I'm fine with this game. Reconfiguring the team before each battle is part of the fun.
#4psoesm(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 10:50:10 AM
Geschlumenahmen posted...
Fusing demons is kind of a pain in the a** if you ask me, and because there are more demons in this game than in DeSu 1, I found myself fusing A LOT more often. But other than that I'm fine with this game. Reconfiguring the team before each battle is part of the fun.

Yeah it can be fun, but a lot of the times I wish I could pick this game up and play it to see the story without having to do it before almost every every battle. I picked it up to play after almost two months of not playing and completely forgot my train of thought from the last time of what I was planning and why.
---
#5valesaucePosted 8/7/2012 11:08:24 AM
buy a gameshark if you dont like games that you arent supposed to breeze through.
#6psoesm(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 11:25:52 AM
valesauce posted...
buy a gameshark if you dont like games that you arent supposed to breeze through.

I don't know if you wrote this to spite me, but I'll assume it's not. I figured someone would say something like that to me though. I'm not complaining about the game being hard, I just think this game requires a totally different kind of time commitment than other Megaten games. Nocturne, Strange Journey, or DDS, might be longer games, but I can pick them up and play them without needing to 20 minutes planning what I'm going to do before every encounter so that it's not stressful to play them whenever I have some free time. I hope that clears it up.
---
#7moonblursPosted 8/7/2012 11:48:55 AM
This thing of constantly fuse demons stressed the hell out of me. I don't remember having or feeling like this in my 80 hour play-through of Strange Journey.
#8blamon123Posted 8/7/2012 1:33:49 PM
i had the same problem, going on and off since the game never really drew me in, but when it did i would play it for hours, namely a 12 hour marathon,

ill say this though, the ng+ for this game was a major improvement and actually gives me enough incentive to do all the endings while i only could do two endings, messiah and king of demons in desu1 before i grew tired of it
#9ParominPosted 8/7/2012 2:42:27 PM
You're fusing demons wrong then, I've was able to go two days without fusing new demons on my first playthrough. And what forced me to fuse new demons was that enemy demons finally had enough AGI to go ahead of my demons. My demons could still KO them in a single skirmish (the problem was getting them a chance to act in that skirmish)

Don't treat this game like Pokemon where you can win easily no matter what demons/pokemon you use. Fusing properly is the difference between fusing once per day or once per battle.
---
Two people are talking? They must be in love.
Fanfiction logic applied IRL
#10psoesm(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 4:14:53 PM
Paromin posted...
You're fusing demons wrong then, I've was able to go two days without fusing new demons on my first playthrough. And what forced me to fuse new demons was that enemy demons finally had enough AGI to go ahead of my demons. My demons could still KO them in a single skirmish (the problem was getting them a chance to act in that skirmish)

Don't treat this game like Pokemon where you can win easily no matter what demons/pokemon you use. Fusing properly is the difference between fusing once per day or once per battle.

I don't treat this game like pokemon. This isn't even my first SMT game. I've played and beaten DeSu 1 which is no walk in the park and managed to do so because I had all the time to play it back then. I've also played and beaten other games like Persona 3/4(currently playing Innocent Sin), Strange Journey, Nocturne, and DDS. Fusing is just as important in those games as it is in DeSu, but there's a lot more variables you have to take into consideration when playing a map on this game than crawling through a dungeon on the other games which requirements more commitment.
---