...I just realized something. (Spoilers)

#1SmashStrikePosted 8/13/2012 9:10:03 PM
So I beat DeSu2 a while ago. I'll probably replay it sometime but I'm busy with with P4A and P2:IS right now. Anyway I was lurking the board when I remembered something about my playthrough.

If you raise a character's Fate Link to level 4 they'll join you even if you don't pick the rout that they're one after to defeat them, right? Well I had Joe at level 4 but after I fought him and Ronaldo, when I talked to him he just peaced out. I reset, trying to choose different dialogue options but he still left.

Any insight? Does Joe have to be level 5 or something?
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#2Demonee-HoPosted 8/13/2012 9:12:28 PM
Joe doesn't like thinking too much, so be blunt with him. Tell him the world wouldn't be peaceful if everyone was equal.
#3KorchukPosted 8/13/2012 9:35:08 PM
It's pretty easy to get off the dialogue train that leads toward recruiting them. I missed out on Makoto even though I had her at Rank 5, which seems pretty silly. A quick reload can solve things if you aren't against that though.
#4SmashStrike(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2012 10:09:29 PM(edited)
Huh, interesting. Because I suck so hard at this game I died and had to there rerecruit Fumi and Makoto where I tried slightly different dialogue options from before and they still joined. I gotta respect a guy who doesn't flip flop on his convictions so easily though. Joe's so awesome. Thanks a bunch guys.
---
#5KalanyrPosted 8/17/2012 9:52:16 AM(edited)
Its generally not flip-flopping so much as its that some characters lead you around by the nose a fair bit more with the available dialogue and others are clear enough in personality that the right choices are obvious.

Joe was the only one who gave me problems too, I think it struck me as odd, that you had to be so direct because while Joe is lazy, he doesn't seem to be averse to thinking per se, he says some surprisingly insightful things at times.
#6SmashStrike(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2012 2:15:08 PM
Oh I know, I was just looking for an excuse to say Joe's awesome. Cause he's really awesome. XD
---
#7Tayo2345Posted 8/17/2012 9:45:26 PM
SmashStrike posted...
Oh I know, I was just looking for an excuse to say Joe's awesome. Cause he's really awesome. XD

His nickname is Broe for a reason.
---
I don't care what you say, Generation II sucks.
That's just my opinion, no matter how true it may be.
#8SmashStrike(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2012 3:48:15 PM
I'd sooner eat gum off the sidewalk than call Joe that.
---
#91998_zPosted 8/19/2012 1:22:28 AM
Tayo2345 posted...
SmashStrike posted...

His nickname is Broe for a reason.

I agree he's pretty chill, but isn't that nickname a little bit too far-fetched?
---
Official Shedinja of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards.
R - Rocket Scientist and Sucker Punch Master
#10KalanyrPosted 8/19/2012 7:00:41 AM
Yeah, I don't really think anyone qualifies for a bro-name in this game, no one sticks with you no matter your choices unlike Atsubro.