I hope this is going to be based on the PS2 version

#1Crack AddictPosted 3/24/2011 10:50:40 PM
I mean, the GCN version had better graphics, so would probably be easier to update to HD, but the PS2 version had so many more features. Most importantly, I really want Ada's chapters and the Chicago Typewriter.
---
No Da!
#21discobobPosted 3/25/2011 1:04:16 AM
Ada Wong's 'Separate Ways' will be included. and the graphics look sharper too, here is a link to some info and side by side screen comparisons. can't wait.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7898-Resident-Evil-4-HD-and-Code-Veronica-X-HD-Both-Confirmed-for-XBLA.html
---
XBL gamertag: ONE Disco Bob
PSN: DiscoBob4077
#3DahlVaughnniPosted 3/25/2011 6:13:53 AM
While I do think it will look a lot better in HD, those screens are obviously a crock. They use different brightness levels to differentiate it from the original, and they also blurred the original A LOT to make it look worse than it really is. It was obviously tampered with to make the difference bigger than it really is. You can tell if you zoom in.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#4Crack Addict(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2011 9:18:15 AM
Ada Wong's 'Separate Ways' will be included. and the graphics look sharper too, here is a link to some info and side by side screen comparisons. can't wait.

That's good to know.

While I do think it will look a lot better in HD, those screens are obviously a crock. They use different brightness levels to differentiate it from the original, and they also blurred the original A LOT to make it look worse than it really is. It was obviously tampered with to make the difference bigger than it really is. You can tell if you zoom in.

You may be right here. A few people on Joystiq noted that the game may have possibly been on the PC using very low settings or on the PS2 using component cables (instead of progressive). I myself certainly don't remember the PS2 version looking that poorly.
---
No Da!
#5snoognz123Posted 3/25/2011 10:29:02 PM(edited)
Here is a PC screenshot I took yesterday, it's on the highest resolution:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii25/Decerto78/RE4.jpg

I'll take some more if anyone wants to see the outdoors areas, I just have to see if my 360 PC controller will work on it.
---
Cheers!
#6ledgerewskiePosted 3/25/2011 10:30:25 PM
Well the Wii version had the original version's graphics with the updated features, so I'm thinking this will have them too.
---
OMG ID: La Guapa
#7Crack Addict(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2011 6:36:42 AM
Here is a PC screenshot I took yesterday, it's on the highest resolution:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii25/Decerto78/RE4.jpg

I'll take some more if anyone wants to see the outdoors areas, I just have to see if my 360 PC controller will work on it.

Thanks for taking the time, Snoog. At the very least, we know the screenshots are not from the PC version using the best possible settings.

Well the Wii version had the original version's graphics with the updated features, so I'm thinking this will have them too.

You're probably right. The 'armchair analyst' crowd have also seem to come to the conclusion that the game will be based on the PS2/PC build based on the lack of graphical features originally found in the GCN version.
---
No Da!
#8Devil_may_fryPosted 3/26/2011 5:33:41 PM
Why the PS2 version.
Wii version had the best graphics the most features, extra's and overall ratings.
#9Crack Addict(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2011 10:21:11 PM
^ Probably because it's an easier port due to the Wii version having unique controls or maybe porting from PS2/PC to 360/PS3 is easier.

It doesn't really matter, though. They're going to update the graphics again and will probably include all the features (and possibly new ones too), so it'll be better than the Wii version.
---
No Da!
#10Chunx907Posted 3/27/2011 2:51:59 AM
This will be the third copy of RE4 that I buy. Had the PS2 version at first, then bought the Wii version years later when I felt like playing it again with better controls, and now I'll buy this for the trophies as well as the sharper graphics.

I generally hate buying the same game over and over again, but RE4 is one of the most fun action shooters I've ever played.

I hope that this version of RE4 is the definitive best visually and that all of the PS2 version's bonuses are included (the extra costumes, Separate Ways, and the PRL 412). Also, IIRC the Wii port had a far superior version of the PRL that shot multiple lasers instead of one in addition to charging faster than the PS2's PRL, so that should be in the PS3 / 360 version of RE4 as well.