I wonder why they made the Chicago Typewriter a bonus weapon...

#1Solid SonicPosted 4/19/2011 7:50:19 AM
The gun has levels for its stats and even an Exclusive statistic so it looks like they built the gun with the intention of it being a regular weapon.

Would have been nice since it's the only other automatic weapon in the game.
---
What can I do to get sued by Sony?
#2Crabcake90210Posted 4/19/2011 2:42:00 PM
I think they wanted to give you a different type of machine gun. Maybe they thought since every other type of gun in the game had more than one kind except the TMP they should give you another type of TMP.
---
---Oh my god I just saw a goat!
#3Crack AddictPosted 4/19/2011 3:19:16 PM
Well, I don't see why bonus weapons can't have the same attributes as regular guns. Aside from that, the Typewriter is probably likely a bonus weapon because, well, it completely breaks the game.

It's probably the most overpowered weapon in the entire RE franchise.
---
No Da!
#4este914Posted 4/20/2011 3:25:47 AM
^ Definitely. That gun can stop any enemy.. Not sure why they made it so powerful but if it was like this and anything other then a bonus weapon things just wouldnt be right...
---
este - 9 1/4 represent0r
#5shotgunheadshotPosted 4/21/2011 9:47:02 AM
Resident evil 4 only had a TMP as the only machine gun in the game. I thought there should of been more types of machine guns. Im not a fan of the chigaco typewriter as they made the gun too powerful and too easy to kill an enemy with. It only took like 2 bullets to kill a ganado. So really the TMP is the only machine gun in the game you can use Thtas not superpowered.
#6BattleAxeRXPosted 4/21/2011 10:05:21 AM
I feel that, if they had tried to make it a normal gun, its purpose would have been to be a stronger TMP with more drawbacks, but they found that the TMP is pretty much as strong as a TMP weapon should be and made is a bonus/super easy mode weapon instead with exxagerated stats. If the TMP does 18 damage every second, the CT would probably have been somewhere around 18 or all the way up to 25 or something. It just makes the game too easy. And what's cool is that since people don't think they have anything to compare the TMP to, they think it sucks, but they are wrong.
---
"Maybe I'm not yelling loud enough... On earth, everybody is always looking for a giant squid! On my planet - " - Zoidberg