Is this game worth it?

#1HeroicSomaCruzPosted 7/6/2012 10:39:07 PM
I have it on GameCube. Is the extra content worth getting it again?
---
Gamertag: OgnarPliskin
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Durango.jpg
#2GaullerPosted 7/7/2012 1:04:39 PM
+Separate Ways(A few hours long.)
+New weapons: PRL 412 for Leon an explosive bowgun for Ada.
+New costumes: Mafia outfit for Leon & Knight armor for Ashley, which is extremely helpful.
+Upscaled to HD

If you can find the Wii version for cheaper, that would probably be better, since you can use the original GC controller, if you feel the motion controls make it too easy. It has almost all the above features, but it's only 480p. However, the Wii version has better audio than the HD & PS2 versions.

The PS2 version is the cheapest to find, and, again, has most of those extras, but in 480p. Though, it doesn't look as good as the above versions, or the GC one. At this point, I don't advise the PS2 version if you can get something else, not that it's terrible.

I don't know much about the PC version, but it's board has some useful topics.
It has those extras and can even be played in HD.
---
GT: B O davis
#3HeroicSomaCruz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2012 8:16:28 PM
Gimped audio worries me. It's why the Sonic classics on XBLA aren't as good as their emulations on Sonic Mega Collection.

I wanted the achievements and HD graphics, but if it's coming at an audio deficit, I may just stick with my GCN version. Besides, what good are crystal-clear graphics if the sound suffers too?
---
Gamertag: OgnarPliskin
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Durango.jpg
#4otakutwinPosted 7/14/2012 5:43:56 PM
Gauller posted...
+New costumes: Mafia outfit for Leon & Knight armor for Ashley, which is extremely helpful.
+Upscaled to HD

If you can find the Wii version for cheaper, that would probably be better, since you can use the original GC controller, if you feel the motion controls make it too easy. It has almost all the above features, but it's only 480p. However, the Wii version has better audio than the HD & PS2 versions.

The PS2 version is the cheapest to find, and, again, has most of those extras, but in 480p. Though, it doesn't look as good as the above versions, or the GC one. At this point, I don't advise the PS2 version if you can get something else, not that it's terrible.

Sadly it's not a true HD update and that hampers some of the fun of the game. Especially since it says HD on the title for XBL and it's not a true HD. The only complaint I have about the game is the whole professional mode weapons. It's a bit much to have to play that mode for less than average weapons. Hell the rocker launcher does better than that PRL 412
---
There may be no "I" in team but there is a "M" and "E", which spells "ME"
#5zfair89Posted 7/16/2012 7:45:23 AM
The audio is definitely compressed and I don't know if it's just me but the framerate doesn't seem very good sometimes. It's a shameful port, stick with the Gamecube version.
#6GaullerPosted 7/16/2012 12:07:14 PM
otakutwin posted...
Gauller posted...
+Upscaled to HD

Sadly it's not a true HD update and that hampers some of the fun of the game. Especially since it says HD on the title for XBL and it's not a true HD. The only complaint I have about the game is the whole professional mode weapons. It's a bit much to have to play that mode for less than average weapons. Hell the rocker launcher does better than that PRL 412

Now that you mention it, someone else reminded me about SW, a moment ago.

"All the in-game cut scenes in Separate Ways are the same as the PS2 version. Meaning, non-HD."
---
GT: B O davis
#7ukokira1Posted 7/16/2012 12:33:24 PM
The audio is'nt too noticable. I suggest either this or the Wii version. only thing this version has over wii iss controls (if you prefer PS3/XBOX controls) acheivements and online leaderboards
---
MK7 Coin farming community: 36-5501-7196-0981