PRO too easy

#1KimgssPosted 1/14/2013 4:18:53 PM
I know everybody freaks out about PRO and everything, but I don't know, I'm not having a lot of trouble with it. I'm at 5-1 just before the Regenerators and I have the Red9, BAR and Striker all Exclusive'd and the Killer7 with one firepower upgrade (I totally forgot to get the BB and K7 has more firepower initially), 7 Green Herbs, 1 G+Y, 3 G+R and like 267K. I mean, c'mon, isn't it supposed to be hard??

On a side note, after U3 (when the BB's Exclusive becomes available), should I sell my K7 and get the BB?
---
If you want to make a game E-rated, make its blood green.
People who got the joke: 7
#2JoveHackPosted 1/15/2013 3:17:40 PM
kimgss posted...
I know everybody freaks out about PRO and everything, but I don't know, I'm not having a lot of trouble with it. I'm at 5-1 just before the Regenerators and I have the Red9, BAR and Striker all Exclusive'd and the Killer7 with one firepower upgrade (I totally forgot to get the BB and K7 has more firepower initially), 7 Green Herbs, 1 G+Y, 3 G+R and like 267K. I mean, c'mon, isn't it supposed to be hard??

It's hard if you're unfamilar with the controls, weapons, and the levels. If you're playing on Pro they you've already been through the game once, and probably have a pretty good grasp of all that.

Still, you've obviously done a good job of mastering everything, and done a good job of weapon selection. I get those three guns as well, along with the TMP and Broken Butterfly exclusive'd. So I don't have as much spare money.

My main problem late in Pro is finding enough room in the Attache Case. I hoard too many grenades. May have too many weapons as well.

I recently heard a new approach to the late game. "The fully upgraded Striker replaces the handgun for most targets." That's a pretty good point. Heavy splash damage and 100 shells in the magazine mean you're unlikely to run out of shotgun ammo, too.

On a side note, after U3 (when the BB's Exclusive becomes available), should I sell my K7 and get the BB?

If you've got the money, maybe. The big advantage of the Broken Butterfly is all those capacity upgrades that let you buy Magnum ammo from the Merchant. That means you'll have lots and lots of high-power shots to pretty much waste through the rest of the game.

Protip: The Merchant of Menace also tops up the magazine when giving a weapon its exclusive upgrade. Save that for the final battle with Saddler.

With capacity upgrades of 8, 10, and 12, that's 42 magnum shots you can get from the Merchant alone. There's a fair amount of preset and random magnum ammo to pick up, too. Have fun with it.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#3Kimgss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:03:37 PM
I'm going on vacation today and I'll be back the 26th, but I may play up to 5-2 today or even a bit through 5-2. And I haven't even played this too much (completed once and went to 5-1 another time). I have read about it a lot, though.
---
If you want to make a game E-rated, make its blood green.
People who got the joke: 7