Few questions

#11JoveHackPosted 2/11/2013 11:13:49 AM
BimmyLee posted...
Thanks for the testing there. Actually though, sorry to be a pest, but could you test it with the Normal outfit as well? Just to make sure that neither of the two special costumes offer any damage protection.

Good point. Checked that, and it's the same damage, 1.8 no matter what the costume.

So, 1.8 bars damage per hit on Normal, huh? In the PAL, the first ganado only does 1.25 bars damage per hit on Normal. (He does 2.5 bars damage on Pro.)

Interesting.

Don't think I've noticed the blood on the outside wall that you mention, but the blood from the Dr's decapitations is always red enough on my standard definition TV, heh. I don't have component cables so I've never tried to connect my PS2 to an HD TV. My friend did though, and not sure if it is due to his cheap LED TV, but PS2 games look awful in it, even doing the "hold T+X" progressive scan trick.

THX Calibration might help, or at least make the video a lot sharper.

That may be what people complain about PS2 games looking bad on HDTVs. I can sort of see their point. Some still scenes can look bad. Once the game gets going motion blur smooths it out for me.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#12BimmyLeePosted 2/11/2013 2:42:22 PM
Great, thanks. So we can be sure now that there's no damage protection whatsoever with any of the costumes. (Technically, we are not sure of the Japanese version, but it is too small a possibility to seriously consider.)

Wonder why this bizarre 60% myth originated though. I guess a possibility would be that someone noticed the damage reduction from the adaptive difficulty (while playing on Normal or Easy) and wrongly attributed it to the costume.
#13JoveHackPosted 2/12/2013 8:13:45 PM
BimmyLee posted...
In the PAL, the first ganado only does 1.25 bars damage per hit on Normal. (He does 2.5 bars damage on Pro.)

Just for fun, I checked the three costumes on Pro mode as well. Hits from the first Ganado do 2.4 bars of damage to all costumes. If Leon takes two hits, he'll be down to 0.2 bars of life.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#14BimmyLeePosted 2/12/2013 8:58:09 PM
Yeah, it's probably 2.4 in the PAL too. I said 2.5, but it's difficult to tell precisely. Good to know that both PAL and NTSC are the same on Pro, damage-wise.