New Game Rifle-only - PRO

#1KimgssPosted 1/22/2013 3:01:19 PM
How hard would it be to pull off a Rifle-only playthrough on a completely new file? The use of the knife and nades being allowed and until I can buy a Rifle I'd use the pistol to kill crows and such shenanigans.
---
If you want to make a game E-rated, make its blood green.
People who got the joke: 7
#2Guirec730Posted 1/22/2013 5:21:32 PM
Haven't people done entire knife/nade exclusive runs?
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#3Kimgss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 6:20:35 PM
Yeah, so?
---
#4Guirec730Posted 1/22/2013 6:22:32 PM
So...hard but not impossible? Slightly less awesome feeling than knife/nades only?
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#5JoveHackPosted 1/22/2013 9:16:29 PM
Guirec730 posted...
So...hard but not impossible? Slightly less awesome feeling than knife/nades only?

You'd need a lot of grenades to kill Salazar.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#6Kimgss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:57:08 AM
And you'd need them to explode mid-air, a far more impressive achievement if I might say.
---
#7JoveHackPosted 1/23/2013 6:44:00 AM
kimgss posted...
And you'd need them to explode mid-air, a far more impressive achievement if I might say.

I've done that by accident with the green grenades, by throwing them a long distance. Worked though.

Hitting Salazar with a red grenade may be the best bet, as the unalterable delay of the green grenades may be too long to hit him before he goes back into his shell.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#8BimmyLeePosted 1/23/2013 1:20:08 PM
Grenades won't work. Salazar is one of just two places in the game that are both non-knifeable and non-grenadeable. The other is the spiked-ceiling before the mine in 4-3 (just 1 of the 4 lights is knifeable and none of the lights is grenadeable).

(I did a minimum-shots-fired run like a month ago, so that's why I know, lol.)