Getting Heart of Steel Tips

#1EpicGilgameshPosted 1/24/2013 11:07:09 AM
This game on PRO can be frustrating to say the least. After playing this game on 3 other consoles the HD Remastered version on the Xbox 360 suffers from the worst controls of all the versions I have played of this title. Sure they can be changed-but mainly the controls are at their worst during the games many infamous Quick Time Events, particularly the ones involving Krauser during the later half of the game. Here is a mini guide containing tips to make your task a little easier.

First off you're going to want to select Special 2 when it asks you to select a costume. This is Leon's Gangster Outfit. The biggest advantage is not what Leon wears but that Ashley dons the armor suit. With this Ashley CANNOT DIE or even TAKE DAMAGE. She is also immune to being carried off by Granados. You can use this by using her as bait for El Gigantes and Regenerators. Another tip is to use your knife as often as possible to conserve ammo. You will find out that ammo is a very high commodity.

You are gonna want to spend the PTAs needed to buy the Case upgrades since it is always better to have the most space available to store things. After you shoot all the Blue Medallions get The Punisher for free from the Merchant and sell it. Keep the original Handgun until the Red 9 becomes available. Also buy the Semi-Automatic Rife but never upgrade it unless you want more capacity. Before most of the Major Boss Fights you should have a chance to buy from Merchant. If you have the available PTAs it is wise to by a Rocket Launcher to make Boss Fights a One Hit Kill.

Bosses That Should Be Bypassed With Rocket Launcher:

1.Village Chief Mendes (Second Form) - This can be tricky to hit him but his second form is too annoying. Otherwise Fire Grenade him to death and Shotgun shoot him in form two.

2.Verdugo - Never tried killing him this way but I'm sure you would still need to freeze him first. It would really save you tons of ammo.

3.Salazar - You still need to shoot that weird eye thing to make him appear. The only drawback is you miss out on whatever you could have picked up by killing the never-ending horde of crawler Las Plagas on the second level. I also found that Salazar has one of the easiest attack patterns to avoid of any boss in the game.

4.Saddler - By the time you make to this point you should have enough to get one last Rocket Launcher. So shoot the eye as it appears on one of his spider legs wait for his weak spot to appear blast it with rocket get Special Launcher from Ada. Repeat.

Krauser can be a real pain but there really isn't any other way to beat him. You could try the knife hack to death. Anyway after Saddler easily escape and the game and the achievement are yours!
#2Guirec730Posted 1/24/2013 5:39:41 PM
I thought you could only use alt costumes on New Game+?
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#3JoveHackPosted 2/3/2013 2:10:01 PM
Guirec730 posted...
I thought you could only use alt costumes on New Game+?

Once unlocked, the costumes are available at the beginning of any playthrough. Unlock the RPD uniform for Leon and Ashley's popstar combo by beating Normal mode.

This will also unlock Separate Ways. Beat that to unlock the gangster/knight combo.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#4knives outPosted 2/13/2013 10:10:37 PM
thank you
---
Remember.... violence is NEVER the answer. Sometimes, though, it's the question... and the answer is "Yes".
#5JoveHackPosted 2/14/2013 11:43:54 AM
EpicGilgamesh posted...
3.Salazar - You still need to shoot that weird eye thing to make him appear. The only drawback is you miss out on whatever you could have picked up by killing the never-ending horde of crawler Las Plagas on the second level. I also found that Salazar has one of the easiest attack patterns to avoid of any boss in the game.

That's all good advice. There's a trick you can use with Salazar. If Leon goes down to the lower level, and backs to the end of one of the alleys, he can start harvesting the never ending facehuggers.

Every once in a while Salazar will say "Who is that?" or "You deserve this," then go into his one hit kill attack. He's got no hope of reaching Leon on the lower level, but still opens up his shell to expose himself. There's time to get off at least one rifle shot, maybe two or three.

The facehuggers can be very annoying, but with patience and a little healing it's an easy and safe way to win this fight. No cost for rocket launcher either.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#6kayoticdreamzPosted 3/4/2013 3:02:37 AM
thanks for this i havent played RE4 in ages and just got the code in RE6 archives so figured why not and that and i am a shameless achievement so what better than a fun game with a fairly easily 1000

i also find i am struggling with the controls a bit thanks to i am so damn used to right joystick moves the camera not this one joystick system. that said thanks for the unlock info. i only had this on GC and Wii and i never beat it all the way through on the wii for no reason i just didnt. and the GC obviously didnt have the tank suit. so good to know how to unlock that before the pro playthrough. although i did play the GC version to death.

as i recall krauser gave me the hardest time on pro.

yea rocket launcher i was already planning on doing that and hoping i get enough money to keep affording that for some of those bosses.