Pissed off about EU version

#1sajtosbobPosted 1/24/2013 6:53:55 PM
Hi! This game is giving me a hard time. I've had several problems so far but now I'm finished with this game, it's ridiculous.

On my first playthrough I wanted to unlock pro mode, started the game on Easy mode, finished and then I realized that POOF, i didn't unlock it because you have to finish it on normal for that.

I completed the game for the second time on normal difficulty unlocked pro mode, i was happy.

Since then, i've finished pro mode and separate ways twice, only to find out that i can't unlock mercenaries mode and assignment ada because my game version is European and they are unavailable in Europe.

WTF??? Seriously why, oh why does this game hate me this bad?
If i bought the North American version, would i be able to use my saved game or i would have to start over? I won't start over, just asking
#2ChrisHanson24Posted 1/26/2013 9:28:52 AM
that's what u get for playing on easy mode

also mercenaries sucks
#3ADDiiCTd2HiiMPosted 1/30/2013 2:57:20 PM
mercenaries is some of the best gaming ever
---
-CuZ ii DoNt FiiGhT OvA DiiCk..DiicK FiiGhT OvA Me-
#4VeraxulousPosted 2/2/2013 3:09:15 PM
sajtosbob posted...
Hi! This game is giving me a hard time. I've had several problems so far but now I'm finished with this game, it's ridiculous.

On my first playthrough I wanted to unlock pro mode, started the game on Easy mode, finished and then I realized that POOF, i didn't unlock it because you have to finish it on normal for that.

I completed the game for the second time on normal difficulty unlocked pro mode, i was happy.

Since then, i've finished pro mode and separate ways twice, only to find out that i can't unlock mercenaries mode and assignment ada because my game version is European and they are unavailable in Europe.

WTF??? Seriously why, oh why does this game hate me this bad?
If i bought the North American version, would i be able to use my saved game or i would have to start over? I won't start over, just asking

Holy crapola it gives you Separate Ways but no Mercenaries / Assignment Ada? (Not that Assignment Ada is much... it's like a watered down extreme battle mode).

In my experience, EUR save files are not compatible with US games. I can't say for RE4 specifically, but I doubt it.
#5sajtosbob(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:42:54 AM
I just hate that I feel robbed, i paid for the game just to find out it's not the 'full' version...:/
#6JoveHackPosted 2/3/2013 1:07:09 PM
sajtosbob posted...
I just hate that I feel robbed, i paid for the game just to find out it's not the 'full' version...:/

I'd say you were right. Not sure what you can do about it. Maybe order the full version for a PC, or something.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#7snowblindPosted 2/11/2013 2:22:50 PM
you are talking about the HD version right? because they are available in it, on all platforms. and there is no european version as north american and europe share the same digital copy.
---
Yeah, he's a freaking idiot. I don't know how I put up with him.
#8durangodanPosted 2/12/2013 7:19:51 AM
Yeah, they are both on the EU version - you smoking crack?
---
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
psn: durangodan76
#9JoveHackPosted 2/12/2013 7:34:57 AM
durangodan posted...
Yeah, they are both on the EU version - you smoking crack?

Maybe he's missing Mercenaries and Assignment Ada because they're not on the main menu. They're under Options or something like that.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
#10JoveHackPosted 2/12/2013 7:10:59 PM
JoveHack posted...
<Maybe he's missing Mercenaries and Assignment Ada because they're not on the main menu. They're under Options or something like that.

Checked earlier. Mercenaries and Assignment Ada are under Extras on the Main Menu. I think that appears after beating the game on Normal mode.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved