Should i buy this HD game or get a classic controller to play RE4 on Wii

#1shotgunheadshotPosted 3/19/2013 10:48:47 AM
I own RE4 for my Wii but find motion controls make it too easy overall. I want to play with a regular gamepad so would it be better to buy this HD game again for my 360 or just buy a classic white controller for my Wii.

I can get a used classic controller for 15 bucks at EB games. I feel like spending cheap money on it.
#2OemeniaPosted 3/19/2013 3:43:09 PM
The Wii version looks really murky in comparison so go for this.
---
100% PC/PS3/360
#3LovethepythonPosted 3/20/2013 6:00:49 AM
Get HD one, looks great and the classic controller is awful to use.
---
4 scratchy yummy.
PSN ID: TurnipGuy
#4Splatterhouse5Posted 3/21/2013 10:47:45 AM
The Wii version works well with a GameCube controller. That's the controller Resident Evil 4 was designed to use, after all.
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.
#5Happy_RobotPosted 3/24/2013 5:38:39 PM
The audio in the HD version is messed up. Get the Wii version.
---
D:
#6cifer520Posted 4/1/2013 5:54:47 PM
Yeah see if you have an old game cube controller lying around, smoothest RE4 controls not counting the Wiimote.
#7XImperialDragonPosted 4/6/2013 9:13:25 AM
The Wii Remote controls for RE4 are basically the best thing ever, so I see no reason why not to get that version.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#8otakutwinPosted 4/12/2013 8:52:45 AM
I would give this HD lite version a try. And yes I said HD lite. It's not a true HD conversion.
---
There may be no "I" in team but there is a "M" and "E", which spells "ME"
#9este914Posted 4/24/2013 9:36:38 AM
How does it look compared to an upscaled PS2 version of the game?
Is this HD version still more crisper then any of the previous iterations?
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#10DrLight66Posted 4/24/2013 12:17:08 PM
este914 posted...
How does it look compared to an upscaled PS2 version of the game?
Is this HD version still more crisper then any of the previous iterations?

The Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are all based on the Gamecube version's graphics, including the Separate Ways expansion which was first added to the PS2 version. The PS2 version is UGLY compared to the other versions, especially any parts of the game that take place at night. The nighttime effects, especially the thunderstorm that you have to run around in after defeating the lake monster, are like comparing PS1 and PS2 graphics.

Also, the PS2 version can only generate about 7 to 8 enemies at once, whereas the other versions generate about 13-14 enemies at once. This is especially noticeable in mercenaries mode and in sections where large swarms of enemies come at you. You have to kill enemies before the PS2 version brings out more enemies at you. It's like how Final Fight on the snes could only handle 3 enemies on screen at once while the arcade version could bring out up to 8 or 9 enemies on screen at once. This also makes getting high scores in the mercenaries ps2 version harder cause you can't kill as many enemies as fast as the other versions.

Also, ps2 version features an inferior PRL 142 weapon, not that it makes much of a difference as the weapon is boring to use after a few minutes, and the defense boosts you get from leon's special costumes are removed from the other versions so you can't breeze through pro mode.