Should i buy this HD game or get a classic controller to play RE4 on Wii

#11OemeniaPosted 4/24/2013 7:30:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12OemeniaPosted 4/25/2013 4:08:45 AM
I did a little research and it seems that Separate Ways is indeed built on the GC versions assets such as models and textures and not the PS2s and it also looks like it runs on the GC engine too so it has all the fancy graphical effects.
---
100% PC/PS3/360
#13Kitty_StriderPosted 4/25/2013 11:43:44 PM
I've played it on both consoles and honestly I had more fun with it on 360. Probably because achievement hunting just gave me "Extra reasons" to keep playing the game. Cause... I love that game. :D When I look at that as more challenges to the game it makes it a little more fun.
---
~ I come before you to stand behind you, to tell you a story I know nothing about. ~
#14DrLight66Posted 4/26/2013 3:54:05 PM
Kitty_Strider posted...
I've played it on both consoles and honestly I had more fun with it on 360. Probably because achievement hunting just gave me "Extra reasons" to keep playing the game. Cause... I love that game. :D When I look at that as more challenges to the game it makes it a little more fun.

I could care less about achievements. What I like about the HD versions is that the game is quite a bit less blurry than the other versions, especially when you turn or use the camera to look around. Also, Mercenaries mode has leaderboards. I do like the Wii controls though even though they make the game ridiculously easy lol.
#15OemeniaPosted 4/26/2013 7:02:10 PM
DrLight66 posted...
Kitty_Strider posted...

I could care less about achievements. What I like about the HD versions is that the game is quite a bit less blurry than the other versions, especially when you turn or use the camera to look around. Also, Mercenaries mode has leaderboards. I do like the Wii controls though even though they make the game ridiculously easy lol.
Its stupidly easy on Normal as it is...
---
100% PC/PS3/360
#16Kitty_StriderPosted 4/26/2013 9:35:40 PM
DrLight66 posted...
Kitty_Strider posted...

lol nah I'm not saying I care much for achievements, what I meant by that is when I finish a game 100% it's kind of nice to look at what "Achievements" could be gotten just so I have an excuse to further my challenge for a game I love. : P But only if I actually like it that much. If the game was just "alright" or what have ya, then I don't even bother with doing anything more than simply beating it.

But I think all around I like a challenge. When I played on Wii, I guess I got bored too easy with being able to point and click/shoot. (Though, obviously, that's more realistic) but it made me feel like the game was moving too fast! you know? like getting through it was effortless > . < it was sapping away my super happy fun time. BUT if Wii's more your thing then more power to you! ^ . ^ I've played this game on all consoles. PS2, Gamecube, Wii, and obviously the HD version of it on 360. : D What can I say, you can't really go wrong whatever you play it on. XD
---
~ I come before you to stand behind you, to tell you a story I know nothing about. ~
#17DrLight66Posted 4/27/2013 2:15:29 AM
Kitty_Strider posted...
DrLight66 posted...
Kitty_Strider posted...

lol nah I'm not saying I care much for achievements, what I meant by that is when I finish a game 100% it's kind of nice to look at what "Achievements" could be gotten just so I have an excuse to further my challenge for a game I love. : P But only if I actually like it that much. If the game was just "alright" or what have ya, then I don't even bother with doing anything more than simply beating it.

But I think all around I like a challenge. When I played on Wii, I guess I got bored too easy with being able to point and click/shoot. (Though, obviously, that's more realistic) but it made me feel like the game was moving too fast! you know? like getting through it was effortless > . < it was sapping away my super happy fun time. BUT if Wii's more your thing then more power to you! ^ . ^ I've played this game on all consoles. PS2, Gamecube, Wii, and obviously the HD version of it on 360. : D What can I say, you can't really go wrong whatever you play it on. XD

It's pretty hard to play the PS2 version after playing any of the other versions. Separate Ways is the only big improvement it has over the Cube version, but Cube's main game and Mercenaries mode are enormously superior to the PS2 version, both graphically and gameplay wise due to Cube's ability to handle 13-14 enemies at once, whereas PS2 version can only handle about 8 enemies at once.
#18Kitty_StriderPosted 4/27/2013 7:52:46 AM
DrLight66 posted...
Kitty_Strider posted...
DrLight66 posted...
Kitty_Strider posted...

It's pretty hard to play the PS2 version after playing any of the other versions. Separate Ways is the only big improvement it has over the Cube version, but Cube's main game and Mercenaries mode are enormously superior to the PS2 version, both graphically and gameplay wise due to Cube's ability to handle 13-14 enemies at once, whereas PS2 version can only handle about 8 enemies at once.

Agreed! I caught onto that too.
---