Anyone else think the game would've been better without the thermal scope?

#1DrLight66Posted 4/16/2013 3:54:52 PM
Regenerators without the scope are terrifying. Regenerators with the thermal scope are nothing but an easy way to get some nice gold. You get the thermal scope about 2 minutes after encountering the first regenerator, it just seems like Capcom dropped the ball in making what could've been a truly scary enemy that you had to avoid instead of just blowing away like everything else in the game (except for super salvador). It'd be one of the few things in the game that would give it the feel of the series' classic survival horror elements, along with as a i mentioned super salvador.
#2LovethepythonPosted 4/17/2013 1:06:00 AM
No way I love the thermal scope. I even use it on standard enemies because it's so cool. If anything, they should of just not made any weakspots on the regenerator and, made some areas really really dark for good use of the thermal scope.
---
4 scratchy yummy.
PSN ID: TurnipGuy
#3DrLight66(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 3:57:10 AM
At the very least they could've had the regenerators and iron maidens keep coming at you even when you shoot each parasite/spore thing inside of their body. The fact that they stumble backwards and need like 2 seconds to recover whenever you shoot one of their parasites and start walking toward you again makes them a joke imo. They end up becoming one of the easiest and most non-threatening enemies in the entire series imo.
#4LovethepythonPosted 4/17/2013 7:46:14 AM
Or made the parasites smaller, so they will be harder to hit.
---
4 scratchy yummy.
#5Mariofan15Posted 4/17/2013 5:42:39 PM
They dropped the ball on something that isnt even required to use? Really? Complain about something that's actually legit. The Thermal Scope is in no way required since you can still beat them without it.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4685-8577-8710
#6DrLight66(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 7:36:51 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
They dropped the ball on something that isnt even required to use? Really? Complain about something that's actually legit. The Thermal Scope is in no way required since you can still beat them without it.

Ah, people who say "this criticism isn't valid because you can just make up artificial challenges for yourself to get around the developer's screwup". Let's be real here: Capcom screwed up and screwed up big time. The game is easy as cake, even on Pro difficulty. It's very rarely scary, you don't have to be conservative with ammo or healing items at all, and you can pretty much just blast everything to hell that threatens you. Pretty much the opposite of everything about the past games and survival horror, eh?
#7Mariofan15Posted 4/18/2013 1:01:14 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

Ah, people who say "this criticism isn't valid because you can just make up artificial challenges for yourself to get around the developer's screwup". Let's be real here: Capcom screwed up and screwed up big time. The game is easy as cake, even on Pro difficulty. It's very rarely scary, you don't have to be conservative with ammo or healing items at all, and you can pretty much just blast everything to hell that threatens you. Pretty much the opposite of everything about the past games and survival horror, eh?

You think they screwed up. Quit acting like everyone agrees with you.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4685-8577-8710
#8LovethepythonPosted 4/25/2013 3:23:15 PM
Even without the thermal scope, they can still be beaten easily. Blow off one leg and run up and knife-away while they are down.

Note: If you ain't fast enough, they will jump up and bite you. But can still knife them after.
---
If you send me a Friend Request. Please state that you saw my ID from GameFAQs. Thanks.
#9cifer520Posted 5/16/2013 1:23:45 PM
They still creeped me out even after I knew how easy they were to kill. The sounds they made and the way the ambiance chamged when they were close made them scary if only slightly. I do wish they could move faster.