Anybody else had this problem? Need opinions

#1elguanaco15Posted 3/18/2012 6:35:59 PM
I used to love RE specially RE3 but after they started coming out with huge monster I started to dislike the game, I used to love being able to barely survive fighting through zombies with a knife and pistol.
I really want to get back to it, but I don't see it being the same anymore. Any suggestions? Thanks :)
---
PSN: gaho15
#2Lao CommandoPosted 3/18/2012 6:42:07 PM
Play the game using only the unupgraded Handgun and no yellow herbs. Besides not opening the attache case or not healing at all, that's about as hard as it gets while still being possible.
#3elguanaco15(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 6:45:35 PM
My mean my point was that I wish it was just about zombies, not about the bosses being super powered humans. I played RE5 but not really RE4 so I didn't really like the guy shooting missile at me. I used to like enemies like Nemesis you get what Im saying?
---
PSN: gaho15
#4Skeleton_AthenaPosted 3/28/2012 9:16:45 AM
Play RE4 before jumping to conclusions with it. It's loads better than RE5, especially the environments and to an extent, the enemies.

At least there weren't any madmen with guns in RE4 (barring one exceptional enemy).
Or Black things with tentacles which can swallow a ship.
Or a lack of ideas for bosses.

Btw imo, the hardest challenge in RE4 would have to the No Merchant Handgun/Knife run on Pro. Not using any Yellow Herbs makes it nigh impossible.
#5sir_karachoPosted 3/30/2012 10:32:45 AM
cant say much about resident evil 5, but i loved 4

4 is like they took survival horror and action, and put both together without sacrificing anything, also the village part how you can interact with the environment to run away and block ways and stuff is really intense pure survival stuff

just to set things into perspective: my favs resident evil games so far are 2 and 4 (have played through 1-4)
#6iamnamtabPosted 4/3/2012 5:07:24 AM
Favorite re game is 4 beacuse of its replayibility and it's suspense
---
Monkeys will come to eat your flesh while you sleep.
#7GoldsicklePosted 4/23/2012 12:21:55 AM

My mean my point was that I wish it was just about zombies,

Resident Evil has never been "just about zombies".

From the first game, you had Hunters, Chimeras & Tyrants added into the mix.
Also, there's Plant 42, Yawn and Neptune, showing that the series always had giant monsters from the start.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".