Lost Planet 2 vs Resident Evil: ORC...

#1shinobi2zzPosted 3/21/2012 10:45:54 AM(edited)
So I just recently bought the game, but after seeing the reviews it made me think about returning it... Currently it is un-openned with receipt in bag ready for a refund. At the same time, I feel like I should keep it because from what I've seen (and what a buddy of mine mentioned), it gives out a "Lost Planet 2" vibe.

Now both titles got VERY BAD reviews for the most part. However, I LOVED Lost Planet 2 and still continue to play it almost on a daily basis simply for the TPS co-op/multiplayer aspect and character customization. So for anyone that has played Lost Planet 2, whether you loved that game or not, how does it compare to Resident Evil: ORC?
---
You want arrows? You want them in the knee? No? Then stop stealing my sweetrolls.
#2xTriggerheartPosted 3/21/2012 10:52:01 AM
I loved Lost Planet 2. It's the only game I worked towards unlocking EVERYTHING it had to offer, and I've clocked so much time into it. This game definitely gives off the same vibe as Lost Planet 2, in a good way. I personally played for eight hours straight yesterday, in RE:ORC, and I usually never sit down to play for that long. Personally though, RE:ORC shines more in the multiplayer combat than the co-op campaign. The Lost Planet 2 campaign and multiplayer was the opposite for me. I obviously can't guarantee anything ,but if you liked Lost Planet 2, you'll probably like this. It isn't nearly as bad as people exaggerate and it was obvious from the start it'd get awful ratings. I personally haven't had this much fun playing a video game in a while.
#3este914Posted 3/21/2012 10:53:50 AM
If you feel that way about LP2 you should probably keep this game. What is it that you're really scared of with this game? Its built for multiplayer action so if you enjoy that then you'll have a blast with this game.
---
-=este914=-
#4shinobi2zz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2012 11:16:38 AM(edited)
Thank you both for the quick responses :)

One thing I'm scared of about this game is the supposedly short campaign mode. About 85% of my time playing LP2 was in co-op campaign with friends and trying to level up my characters so I could get all the customization options available. Since this game doesn't allow you to create your own character, I am afraid the replay value (for me) might significantly decrease. But your comment about Multiplayer VS mode gives me hope. Also, although it is of a less concern, I've heard about the supposedly annoying glitches in the game, such as stuck NPCs in a wall, and the sticky cover system. I've also heard that the muzzle jump, which is may have been intentionally put in the game for some kind of realism, is annoying.

I guess if I approach this game with the same mindset I had with LP2 then perhaps I will enjoy it.
---
You want arrows? You want them in the knee? No? Then stop stealing my sweetrolls.
#5locashcrackPosted 3/21/2012 11:29:16 AM
wow the people in this topic arent stupid fanboys, nice. i thought lost planet 2 was awesome and im enjoying this, lp2 is as close a comparison as i can think of to this game. you have coop against soldiers and monsters/creatures as well and leveling up and different loadouts etc. some more customization would be nice but still dont understand all the hate.
---
PSN - Doom-505
EA sucks
#6este914Posted 3/21/2012 11:38:46 AM
You're scared about the campaign being short - but have you ever played any of the previus RE titles? Many can be beaten in less then a couple hours. Now that is short! This game seems to last upwards of 5 hours even for casual players. I imagine there is a lot of replayability as well, seems like something you would be nterested in.
---
-=este914=-
#7squiggy9996999Posted 3/21/2012 11:39:46 AM
LP2 is a great comparison. good game but ripped by western review sites for not having a CoD control scheme. not the best game that year but it delivered on what it promissed - epic bug combat and crazy character customization.

i want a zombie game with those levels of customization.
#8dsmdave25Posted 3/21/2012 11:47:55 AM
I'd agree with most people on here. You say you enjoyed LP2 so I'm pretty sure you'd like this ;)
I'm a sucker for most third person shooters in general, so I am enjoying this. I was getting this game regardless of anything because it was under Slant Six and set in a Resident Evil universe. I also like Slant Six's 3PS mechanics. I enjoyed fire team bravo and confrontation, tactical strike was good too.
I just keep thinking there is a button for cover from playing Uncharted 3 so much ha.
#9shinobi2zz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2012 1:35:25 PM
Sounds like I will indeed be keeping this then... Thank you all for your help - Looking forward to tearing up some zombies as soon as I get home from work :)

BTW, how are the controls compared to Lost Planet 2? I understand there's no grappling hook and there's a cover system, but what about dodge/rolling? How is the melee aspect?
---
More topics from this board...
Any one still play this?trinitywill148/25 9:26AM