Tips for S+ ranking "lights out" solo on Vet?

#1VesperasPosted 3/30/2012 8:14:49 AM
Tips as in anyone have the requirements? It's the most BS mission due to Nick @ the end

Anyone sure if camera add anything?

Anyone know the amount of intel?
---
PSN: Vesperas
Former Legendary Leader of Fierce Uprising <3 Dejoule
#2SuperHappyTreeePosted 3/30/2012 8:27:25 AM
Best thing to do is to pick Spectre and learn all the intel locations. I thought I found them all on my own since I kept getting S rank for that criteria but when I picked Spectre, there was over a handful that I missed. If you fail a few times, you should be able to find them by memory and then pick who ever you prefer playing as.

Security cameras, XP laptops don't matter, best not to waste your time with them. Also the hunters, just run to the checkpoint, they are not worth the time for 2 kills. Spend time in zombie heavy areas, clear them and when team mates die, don't revive them as may steal your kills.

Focus on number of enemies killed, amount of intel found, time and number of deaths as this is the criteria that determines your rank.

To make it easier, invite one other person who will play as Bertha. They are just support and will just focus on healing you so you won't die. Also with another player, it reduces targets for the criteria. But also keep in mind, the more players, the more harder the game gets. So its best just to have one other person who won't interfere too much.
---
Currently Playing: Soul Calibur V, RE:Operation Raccoon City
#3slapper1Posted 3/30/2012 8:29:34 AM
*****SPOILERS******

Tips:
1. Play as Spectre and max out his item detection skill. It makes finding data much easier. For an S rank you need to find 20 data discs I believe.
2. Use an powerful automatic gun for the spec ops. Namely the Ravenger or even the Juggernaut if you like close range.
3. When fighting Nicholai in the courtyard, hide behind the frontal concrete slabs that are the closest to Nick as he will never hit you with grenades as they fall inside and blow up harmlessly.
4. Skip the crimson heads in the graveyard if you are low on supplies. Just get the 2 EMP devices and move on.
5. When fighting Nicholai in the generator room, defeat him before you raise the second generator. Doing so will prevent him from attacking you throught the fight and as long as you don't touch the activation switch for the second generator, spec ops will never spawn making him easy to beat.

Other then that, just move quick and try not to die. Seems obvious I know but it is very important to use cover in Vet and Pro as these modes will see you dead very very quickly.
#4Vesperas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2012 9:04:57 AM
You can kill nick?
---
#5p06111981Posted 3/30/2012 9:08:37 AM
If you play as vector you can breeze the emp/generator section no problem at all.

It just means you have to memorize all of the data locations.
#6heavenkimPosted 3/30/2012 9:24:24 AM
just slowly work out a plan, it's not that hard once you know what you are supposed to do, already got my great success trophy on pro, trust me, lights out is NOT the hardest chapter.
#7p06111981Posted 3/30/2012 9:31:15 AM
heavenkim posted...
just slowly work out a plan, it's not that hard once you know what you are supposed to do, already got my great success trophy on pro, trust me, lights out is NOT the hardest chapter.

Which one did you find hardest?

I found lights out to be for me but that's because I didn't realise vector would make the final encounter a lot easier.
#8heavenkimPosted 3/30/2012 9:41:16 AM
p06111981 posted...
heavenkim posted...

I found lights out to be for me but that's because I didn't realise vector would make the final encounter a lot easier.

EXPENDABLE, 8 tries before finally succeeded, nico will escape if you do enough damage to him, after that, it's smooth sailing.
#9p06111981Posted 3/30/2012 9:45:14 AM
heavenkim posted...
p06111981 posted...
heavenkim posted...

EXPENDABLE, 8 tries before finally succeeded, nico will escape if you do enough damage to him, after that, it's smooth sailing.

My first time on the emp section I damaged Nico until he left then he returned after I raised the third and final generator sniping me before I could plant the EMP so I assumed he kept coming back.

If you can memorize the data locations for expendable four eyes makes the mission a doddle.

I really enjoyed getting all of the S+ ranks, a little challenging at times but still fun none the less.
#10Vesperas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2012 10:01:39 AM
Hmmm... i'll try it with vector & trying to kill nick on another attempt.

How many S. edge clips will I need to empty in him?
---