Exp farming

#1justismorey1Posted 4/4/2012 6:21:50 AM
Looking at the leaderboards for XP earned, i noticed that when you press x on a preson's name, you can see how the highest exp they earned from each campaign level. It seems like some people get like 60,000 xp in gone rogue. can anyone tell me how? I can only get like 11,000!

Any other xp farming tips would also be appreciated (:
---
PSN: Crispy_in_Milk
#2iconiqPosted 4/4/2012 6:44:48 AM
It's got something to do with Nemesis AFAIK. I'll try out my theory later, but I'm pretty sure I'm right about it. Will tell you how it went afterward.
#3justismorey1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 3:58:16 PM
AFAIK?
---
PSN: Crispy_in_Milk
#4Otakusensei98Posted 4/4/2012 4:19:08 PM
AFAIK = as far as i know
#5NavexPosted 4/4/2012 4:53:38 PM
Is it true you get 5k XP every time you kill a Tyrant? I was thinking of replaying that level where you SPOILERS

fight two at the end by just killing one of them and then letting the other kill me then continuously killing one, die, repeat. I'm pretty sure the XP stacks even when you die so it doesn't seem like a bad idea. I figure I'll just play to that point one day when I'm off and do it throughout the day while I do other things. Until this Nemesis thing becomes known I'd rather do this opposed to shooting crimson heads until eternity on the last level.
---
"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it, too."
- Conan O'Brien
#6Adrien LightPosted 4/4/2012 6:25:22 PM
Could the Nemesis thing be:

Kill Nemesis
While he's down, don't go over to him and inject him
After a certain amount of time, maybe he gets back up
Kill him again and get the XP again

That's the only thing I can think of. Can't test it though, as I lent the game to my brother until Monday. Heck, I'll call him up, maybe he can give it a shot, but he sucks at shooters, so I doubt it.
---
One word: Spaseships
#7shuin_exePosted 4/4/2012 6:37:21 PM
justismorey1 posted...
AFAIK?

lol
---
PSN ID: Shuin_Zwei
#8iconiqPosted 4/4/2012 6:42:58 PM
You either shoot at Nemesis until he drops, then u die and repeat the process, or you... I dont really know. Gone Rogue and End of Line both have one part in which endless zombies spawn. I doubt however that killing thousands of zombies will get u 60~70k exp. Im more curious about how people got 60k on the End of Line mission. There is only Leon. When you kill him, the game ends. Im beginning to think that its only a multiplayer exploit. Either that, or the permanent zombie spawn by the end of End of Line is what gives good exp. I think that this kind of farming is not worth it and takes up a lot of time. Its just to boost ur rank on the leaderboards. I mean, there is a reason why the top 5 players on the Highest Campaign XP ranking list are not the same as on the Highest Career XP ranking list.

Fact is that the Expendables mission gives good exp. My highest score was nearly 17k without killing more than two tyrants.
#9iconiqPosted 4/4/2012 6:46:20 PM
Adrien Light posted...
Could the Nemesis thing be:

Kill Nemesis
While he's down, don't go over to him and inject him
After a certain amount of time, maybe he gets back up
Kill him again and get the XP again

That's the only thing I can think of. Can't test it though, as I lent the game to my brother until Monday. Heck, I'll call him up, maybe he can give it a shot, but he sucks at shooters, so I doubt it.

I actually tried this earlier. He does get up after 10 seconds or something. However, he goes down after only some shots again. I did this 20 times and I only got 15k exp.
#10KalamordPosted 4/4/2012 7:28:14 PM
Navex posted...
Is it true you get 5k XP every time you kill a Tyrant? I was thinking of replaying that level where you SPOILERS

fight two at the end by just killing one of them and then letting the other kill me then continuously killing one, die, repeat. I'm pretty sure the XP stacks even when you die so it doesn't seem like a bad idea. I figure I'll just play to that point one day when I'm off and do it throughout the day while I do other things. Until this Nemesis thing becomes known I'd rather do this opposed to shooting crimson heads until eternity on the last level.

I just tried this on Casual. I killed one tyrant, let the other kill me, did the same thing again and then killed both. I should have had 20,000 XP, but the XP I earned only amounted to something over 12,000. It seems that it only gives a maximum amount of XP for two tyrants per Expendable play-through.

I don't know if it's any different on other difficulties.
---
PSN: Kalamord
More topics from this board...
Any one still play this?trinitywill47/28 6:17AM