Handguns seem weaker than BB guns

#1MrJohnKramerPosted 5/6/2012 5:40:39 AM
Handguns in RE4, RE5 and ORC seem weaker than BB guns. Or even airsoft guns. When a villager or zombie is shot in the face or head, it seems to just sting - why? Just to make the game more challenging? It takes away the realism of using actual firearms.
#2BarachimPosted 5/6/2012 6:03:16 AM
Just buy the Desert Eagle.
#3Waffen8888Posted 5/6/2012 8:19:32 AM
I don't know what you're talking about in this game, but when I shoot a zombie in the head, usually they're dead instantly. You could argue in 4 and 5 that the Plagas are giving them extra strength etc.
---
"Now there's a face to break a few thousand mirrors!" - Shirox from Dragon Force
#4UBCS15Posted 5/6/2012 9:40:29 AM
Really? I often find the handguns better at popping heads then the primary weapons(save for the SMGs)

something to note, when you take a zombie as a shield you can shoot faster then normal and accuracy seems to have a minimal increase
#5crystellumPosted 5/6/2012 10:31:55 AM
Shooting zombies in the face takes them down easier. Sure, it may not be 2-3 shots but at least you're saving yourself some bullets and time.
#6xAzureLinkPosted 5/6/2012 3:36:13 PM
A beautifully placed Samurai edge shot to the forehead makes a satisfying head explosion, I doubt a bb could do that, though I kinda agree with 4 & 5, until fully upgraded, near the start on playthrough 2 you're fully upgraded handgun is very op.
#7the_ENEMY_Posted 5/6/2012 3:40:31 PM
small caliber munitions lose stopping power quickly, and imagine how much of a brain a zombie may need. one bullet in a brain may not be enough to destroy their ability to remain animated, especially if it didn't fully pass through the skull.

google shows me a few x-rays where only tiny fragments get through the bone.
---
PSN: the_ENEMY_
#8Zerol09Posted 5/8/2012 4:32:20 PM
the_ENEMY_ posted...
small caliber munitions lose stopping power quickly, and imagine how much of a brain a zombie may need. one bullet in a brain may not be enough to destroy their ability to remain animated, especially if it didn't fully pass through the skull.

google shows me a few x-rays where only tiny fragments get through the bone.

Actually the human body is way more fragile and soft not to mention squashy as people tend to think.

A single hollow point round at decent range towards any organ for example, especially the head, neck and spine is more than enough to impede higher level and all motor function and likely splintering the bones literally the impact rapture the body soft flash from inside out. Unless the virus can somehow magically mend destroyed nerve, flash and bone I doubt that body is even capable to properly walk much less open their mouth simply because the neuron links have been completely messed up to even give a funtioning signal, nothing more but a broken sack of meat and not even the strongest pain killing virus will do any good.

At the end of the game it's just a game, not a science or ballistics textbook.
#9LordShogun_SASPosted 5/8/2012 5:17:26 PM
The handguns have always been better than the primary weapons, aside sniper rifles lol.. This game has been the only difference in both aspects really.. though the handguns are more than reliable. If you have difficulty you really outta try holding down L2 if you can't headshot by yourself.
#10rpg_espreePosted 5/8/2012 6:43:59 PM
i always wondered what does the "BB" stand for?
---
this is my 78th GameFaqs User name