Lightning Hawk, Magnum

#1DavyyyyPosted 5/8/2012 1:54:33 AM
Lightning Hawk is a Magnum weapon. It's the same weapon from RE5.
In RE games a magnum is a great and powerful weapon and perfect for bosses.
But in this game the Lightning Hawk gun is almost useless, at least for (Versus) and it's not even so good in campaign. Aren't Magnums in RE games suppose to be a boss killer weapon and the most powerful weapon besides GL and Rocket launchers?

Damage is 9/10 but the fire rate is only 2/10 ( it should at least be 4/10 since the Samurai Egde has 7/10. In RE5 the LH had a way better fire rate then 2/10

So what do you gys think of the Lightning Hawk? Do you use it in Versus?

Slant Six should release a new weapon, a magnum revolver 500 S&M so we can use our exp :)
#2slapper1Posted 5/8/2012 6:43:57 AM
The lightning hawk is good for campaign due to its indescribable power and range, however its small clips size and poor firing speed greatly limits it's power in verses. If you fast draw your weapon when relatively close to another player, the auto aim and increased firing speed make this a good weapon. It does suck when compared to the samurai edge though which is a shame. I second the addition of a S&W 500 or a Handcannon of some sort. Or they can release a patch that enables us to upgrade our weapons so that we can use our freggin exp.
#3HonorlessPosted 5/8/2012 7:19:17 AM
Just unlocked it, myself. Felt like a waste. The power doesn't feel like it says it is.
---
|| Frantic Antics || Robots in Rowboats ||
I want to beLIEve || Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies
#4Davyyyy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 7:39:48 AM
Honorless posted...
Just unlocked it, myself. Felt like a waste. The power doesn't feel like it says it is.

I agree with you, the power of the gun (damage) says 9/10 yeah right. it doesn't feel like 9/10. The samurai edge is by far the best handgun in this game. The Lightning Hawk should at least have a 4-5 fire rate instead of 2.

Why can't slant six listen to the fans and give us a patch that allows ous to uppgrade some of the weapons?
#5squiggy9996999Posted 5/8/2012 7:53:36 AM
"So what do you gys think of the Lightning Hawk? Do you use it in Versus?"

it's fairly crappy. SE is the only sidearm worth it's weight in gold.

i loved the magnum in RE5, but what you're forgetting is that gun was awesome after you fully upgraded it. the stock magnum;, not so great.

it doesn't have enough power to be used as a finisher and it lacks accuracy to be relied upon. and it's slow.
#6Jonathan_F_GPosted 5/17/2012 9:05:59 PM
TC, the Lightning Hawk truly shines when used in conjunction with the L1 button as a go-to short to medium range sniping weapon. In order words, the Lightning Hawk is great when you are engaging enemies of limited mobility with manual aiming while using the L1 button to increase the accuracy of your manual aiming. Unlike the Samurai Edge, the Lightning Hawk falls short when using the point blank (L2 button) mechanic.
---
*Beltway gets shot by Dee-Ay* "Aarrgghh!... Some of a.... B***H! *Beltway lobbing a frag grenade overhead* Right back at'cha!..." - Beltway from BHORC
#7AnimesetsunaPosted 5/18/2012 4:10:48 AM
LH is good like killing Spec Ops soldiers and USS soldier and USS Elite soldiers.
---
SE & Namdai are crap
Awaiting for Resident Evil 6
#8Davyyyy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 6:20:24 AM
But in versus the LH is bad due to its slow fire range and the bad accuracy. The gun should at least have 4/10 in fire rate instead of 2! LH has 9/10 in damage but the Samurai Edge has 7/10 and with its fire rate and SUPERIOR accuracy.
#9Jonathan_F_GPosted 5/18/2012 3:36:34 PM
Davyyyy posted...
But in versus the LH is bad due to its slow fire range and the bad accuracy. The gun should at least have 4/10 in fire rate instead of 2! LH has 9/10 in damage but the Samurai Edge has 7/10 and with its fire rate and SUPERIOR accuracy.

If the rate of fire was any higher for the Lightning Hawk (.50 DEAE), it would not be a magnum anymore now would it?

If anything, the damage per bullet with the Samurai Edge (Beretta M92F) needs to be nerfed down 1-3 points. And should a magnum revolver be released as DLC such as Barry Burton's modified Colt Python or the S&W from either BH/RE3 or BH/RE5, the damage per round should be a 10 out of 10 with a lower rate of fire than the Lightning Hawk.
---
*Beltway gets shot by Dee-Ay* "Aarrgghh!... Some of a.... B***H! *Beltway lobbing a frag grenade overhead* Right back at'cha!..." - Beltway from BHORC