Which series has screwed over longtime fans the most: RE, FF or Pokemon?

#1Coconut_LubePosted 5/20/2012 5:24:36 AM
I would honestly say RE, with FF as a close second.
---
I'm Regina George.
You're Gretchen Weiners.
#2AnimesetsunaPosted 5/20/2012 5:26:47 AM
Wasn't FF the most screwed ever?
---
SE & Namdai are crap. Awaiting for Resident Evil 6
Currently playing Oreimo portable tsudzuku PSP
#3Jonathan_F_GPosted 5/20/2012 7:12:57 AM
Coconut_Lube posted...
I would honestly say RE, with FF as a close second.

What about Rockman/Mega Man, Breath of Fire, Genso Suikoden, Silent Hill and Onimusha?

All legendary but now dead franchises with Silent Hill currently getting crapped on.
---
*Beltway gets shot by Dee-Ay* "Aarrgghh!... Some of a.... B***H! *Beltway lobbing a frag grenade overhead* Right back at'cha!..." - Beltway from BHORC
#4Revelant9999Posted 5/20/2012 7:32:28 AM
Out of these three Resi screws over it's fans. FF doesn't release one half of a game in disc and the other half as DLC and pokemon... You just have to cheat a little to get the pokedex full with spending loads of money.
---
---3DS friend code: 3437-3103-7075
PSN: Agent-_-Jayden
#5xenosaga123Posted 5/20/2012 9:55:41 AM(edited)
RE doesn't replace party member slots with pet monsters. I'd say RE is still better than the direction FF is going.
#6sbn4Posted 5/20/2012 10:51:22 AM
RE doesn't screw over its fans as much as people like to think. At least Capcom tries to appease fans. Revelations tried to mix older styles along with newer styles. RE6 is likely to have an atmospheric and slower paced section in Leon's game. There is even rumors of a Claire only game for 3DS coming out.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#7MaplesGrandGMPosted 5/20/2012 11:19:51 AM
sbn4 posted...
RE doesn't screw over its fans as much as people like to think. At least Capcom tries to appease fans. Revelations tried to mix older styles along with newer styles. RE6 is likely to have an atmospheric and slower paced section in Leon's game. There is even rumors of a Claire only game for 3DS coming out.

Yep yep, Capcom TRIES. They killed BoF with pure stupidity (oops, we made a really bad move with 5, let's just scrap the franchise), then they kill the Megaman franchise. They are trying SO hard. Just cause they got Revelations right, doesn't mean they are trying. Can't speak on 6 till it comes. Not that ORC isn't fun, cause I love it, but you know it doesn't quite fit in right when it comes to talk like this.

Also, have you not heard SE's intention for XIII Versus, having it come out in installments? Yeah, that's worse than what Capcom did with ORC. One of the most anticipated games, and they are now telling us, we'll only get it piece by piece. I mean, it's fine for ORC to split the campaigns, the story is unimportant, you don't do that to an RPG, that isn't an MMO. I say they scrap it already, give Final Fantasy some time to cool off, since they keep screwing the franchise as a whole, and just give us some real Kingdom Hearts action.
#8xenosaga123Posted 5/20/2012 11:27:53 AM
that is a fine example Square Enix is worse than Capcom. Also Kingdom Hearts Xehanort arc is one of the stupidest, overrated and dragged out stories in the entire industry, and they expect everyone to buy all the platforms to experience the whole story? That's like if Mass Effect was made for 360, then ME1,5 exclusive for PSP and then ME2.5 exclusive for Vita, etc. Nomura is a complete jerk trolling and stringing along their fans like that. and KH isn't even as good as its fans claim. And then people criticize Dynasty Warriors for having no depth. KH is even more mashy and repetitive than that.
#9sbn4Posted 5/20/2012 11:32:09 AM
Yep yep, Capcom TRIES. They killed BoF with pure stupidity (oops, we made a really bad move with 5, let's just scrap the franchise), then they kill the Megaman franchise. They are trying SO hard. Just cause they got Revelations right, doesn't mean they are trying. Can't speak on 6 till it comes. Not that ORC isn't fun, cause I love it, but you know it doesn't quite fit in right when it comes to talk like this.

Wasn't talking about other franchises. The topic clearly states RE fans and doesn't include other Capcom franchises. As far as RE goes, the fans don't have it as bad as they think.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#10Jonathan_F_GPosted 5/20/2012 1:46:14 PM
I can't understand for the life of me how Capcom would even consider keeping Devil May Cry alive over Onimusha:

The story elements in the DMC series are totally broken and inconsistent. Whereas Oni's is very consistent and well executed. And in general, the Onimusha franchise is just a more superior product.

I mean I like DMC, only I love Onimusha a hell of a lot more and then some. Onimusha was a mix of clever "code of the Bushido" swordplay, puzzle and horror elements set within a fantastic and majestic feudal Japanese setting:

I f'ing loved it! I mean, I know it would sell well in Japan alone just because of the culture inside the game. But if Capcom were to go about it the correct way by sticking more true to the roots, Capcom could certainly win the world over again with Onimusha.
---
*Beltway gets shot by Dee-Ay* "Aarrgghh!... Some of a.... B***H! *Beltway lobbing a frag grenade overhead* Right back at'cha!..." - Beltway from BHORC
More topics from this board...
Any one still play this?trinitywill128/18 12:45PM