Critical hit in Warrior's Way?

#1iphysPosted 7/22/2013 12:06:47 PM
Can someone please explain what the conditions are to get a critical hit? Also, is it ever possible for them to happen against you?
#2BrodiusPosted 7/22/2013 4:24:27 PM
It's random. I've had it happen twice.

Not sure if it's possible to be hit by one.
---
"Oh no!" He screamed. "Please not again! Have pity! Have mercy!"
3DS FC: 1118-0590-0987
#3MyftPosted 7/22/2013 4:55:44 PM
Having been through 50 something battles on my play through, I've only had a single one and I believe "critical strike" can only occur when you're at a disadvantage, as these are the only times I've heard of other people getting them. Basically the critical strike is a thing that can kick in when you're on the losing side to still allow you to win, even when you have fewer soldiers. When mine happened, I was at a disadvantage and had been brought down to only a few hundred less than my opponent. I don't know what the limits are for it, but I assume you have to be on the losing side for it to kick in. As for whether or not it can happen to you, my experience would say no.
#4LordGeovanniPosted 7/22/2013 5:13:50 PM
I have had it happen twice. Both times had all the following true:

* Have one win and one loss.
* Be on the third battle.
* Be just a few hundred Miis below the opponent after the evaluation.

It then glowed and Critical Striked for me.
#5MyftPosted 7/22/2013 5:43:24 PM
LordGeovanni posted...
I have had it happen twice. Both times had all the following true:

* Have one win and one loss.
* Be on the third battle.
* Be just a few hundred Miis below the opponent after the evaluation.

It then glowed and Critical Striked for me.

You know, I think I had that similar set up. I remember being worried I was going to lose that fight because I won the first, then lost the second and new "crap, all I have is paper and he had his scissors left" but the critical strike was kind enough to hit.
#6iphys(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 7:50:03 PM
Well, I managed to get it. I was facing an army more than 1.5 times my size, lost the 1st round, won the 2nd, and then I had just barely more soldiers for the third round but was at a paper covers rock disadvantage, and then the critical strike kicked in to save my bacon.
#7Treize KnightPosted 7/31/2013 6:44:21 PM
I just got a critical hit, It happened on the third round and I had less units and was at a disadvantage in the weapon triangle.

Now the fun part. The crit not only reduces enemies by at least half (I didn't pay attention how much.) It nullifies any advantages and bonuses the enemy might have. Case in point, I had a paper unit against a scissor berserker and won with a crit by base numbers.
#8zergslayer69Posted 8/1/2013 9:42:07 AM
I wonder, would it still happen if you have A LOT less units than the other army? Or only a small margin away?
---
PSN - zergslayer69
Friend Code - 3909 8848 9513
#9iphys(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 11:37:39 AM
If it gives you the advantage and knocks out half the enemy soldiers, that would mean you'd need at least half their numbers.
#10zergslayer69Posted 8/1/2013 7:12:59 PM
Ok so you need half the other army you're currently fighting, does it matter if you have rock over scissors advantage? Or just numbers is good enough regardless how effective your troops are?
---
PSN - zergslayer69
Friend Code - 3909 8848 9513