Warrior's Way Battle question

#1britt72Posted 7/23/2013 9:48:03 AM
So I get that the gameplay is rock-paper-scissors and in most battles I've had a larger army and won. I was facing the guy with 14000 against my 10000 and lost and started wondering how I could've beat him. I get that if you have the same army type(rock vs rock), if you have *more* guys you win. I also understand that if you have a winning type of army you can have fewer men than the enemy and still beat him. Like if I had 1500 rocks vs 2000 scissors, I seem to win. But what ratio do I need? Can I beat any number of scissors with just one rock? Or is it more like I need at least two rocks for every three scissors to win? Likewise if I have a losing type can I still beat the other army if I have like twice as many? Anyone know these ratios or am I missing something? I tried searching for "Warrior" here to see if someone had brought this up before, but didn't see anything obvious. Thx.
#2PlatinumashesPosted 7/23/2013 9:55:24 AM
If you get the advantage in battle, your opponent's troops are reduced by half. For example, if you choose rock with 5,000 soldiers and the opponent chooses scissors with 9,900 soldiers, your advantage will reduce the 9,900 to 4,950, and you'll win the round.
---
Proud Owner Of These 3DS Games (in order obtained):
TLoZ:OoT3D, MK7, SM3DL, KI:U, KH3D (DDD), NSMB2, T:FF, PM:SS, FE:A, C:LoS:MoF, DKCR3D, and LM:DM.
#3foobar1337Posted 7/23/2013 11:27:16 PM
Your type vs. same type on enemy just needs more soldiers.

Your type in disadvantage needs TWICE times the enemy.

Your type in advance needs HALF the enemy number.

Sometimes a good strategy is to "sacrifice" troops. Since you only need two wins in a battle, you can create two very strong ones and one army at the lowest soldiers possible. You can can use this "tiny army" to see how your enemy acts. Especially useful in combination with spies (you can even save spies sometimes using this tactic if you are lucky and he wastes his strongest army on your weakest making you win the last two battles for sure).

After you fought some battles you will get the trick. I never lost a battle (excluding the emperor) even if the enemy had twice as much soldiers. Using spy and "weak armies" in combination the enemy will never have a chance (because the computer player can't use these tricks).
Even the "berserker" enemies are no problem with this (because you will always be in advantage).
The only thing where there's a slight chance to lose are the ninjas, if you don't have a big enough army (greater x1.5 than the enemy), because ninjas are always in advance and spying does not tell you which ninja team attacks.

So, the game can be won by the easiest rules of game theory:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory

Only the 20th country is almost pure luck.
#4chongwanhsingPosted 7/24/2013 6:17:50 AM
Ninjas are very easy, as long as all of your 3 armies is twice as big than his 2nd largest army, you definitely can win.
---
My EBA "ALL 300" "Jumpin' Jack Flash" multi-screen video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvLCnKqYWzA
#5foobar1337Posted 7/24/2013 7:01:02 AM
chongwanhsing posted...
Ninjas are very easy, as long as all of your 3 armies is twice as big than his 2nd largest army, you definitely can win.
Yes, but for this condition you need to have a lot of soldiers. Then any other battle would be easy as well. ;) But the original question assumes that he has only a few soldiers. ;)
#6zergslayer69Posted 7/24/2013 12:52:01 PM
while we're on the topic, what was the order of the armies? calvary beats archer, archer beats infantry, and infantry beats calvary?
---
PSN - zergslayer69
Friend Code - 3909 8848 9513
#7foobar1337Posted 7/24/2013 1:09:58 PM
zergslayer69 posted...
while we're on the topic, what was the order of the armies? calvary beats archer, archer beats infantry, and infantry beats calvary?
Just look at the icons. ;)

Paper beats Rock.

Rock beats Scissors.

Scissors beat Paper.

Ninjas beat everything.

Berserkers are x5 (instead of x2) when in advantage and x2 (instead of x1) when equal (and x1/2 when in disadvantage, just like always).
#8iphysPosted 7/24/2013 2:47:24 PM
zergslayer69 posted...

Yes: cavalry tread on through arrows to trample the archers, but archers shoot down infantry from afar, and infantry spear the cavalry just before they're about to get trampled over.
#9britt72(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 8:54:01 PM
Awesome! Thx for the info everyone! :)
#10Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 7/25/2013 2:56:00 AM
chongwanhsing posted...

I think this is wasteful. As long as TWO of your armies are at least twice as large as the ninja's largest army, you definitely can win.
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!