Flower Town: New Job Requirements

#1P-WingPosted 7/30/2013 8:59:17 AM
I currently have every job available to me completed with a gold medal except for one: I'm Cheering You On.

I feel like I should have unlocked others at this point, having competed :For My Hero (which unlocked I'm Cheering You On), Hospital Visit, Foodies Love Flowers, Spicy Specimen and A Perfect Pairing.

I have completed a few of these twice as well, for the second reward.

Is there something other than completion that leads to unlocking new jobs: total number of breeds grown, etc?

I am currently at 28 breeds.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
#2Valen-steinPosted 7/30/2013 10:22:20 AM
P-Wing posted...
I currently have every job available to me completed with a gold medal except for one: I'm Cheering You On.

I feel like I should have unlocked others at this point, having competed :For My Hero (which unlocked I'm Cheering You On), Hospital Visit, Foodies Love Flowers, Spicy Specimen and A Perfect Pairing.

I have completed a few of these twice as well, for the second reward.

Is there something other than completion that leads to unlocking new jobs: total number of breeds grown, etc?

I am currently at 28 breeds.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2nd reward? Oh, i think some of those rewards can be bought in the shops already. No need to do them twice i think. My bad. but you did earn some extra money.

There are 31 total jobs. A japanese guide says there are 6 initial jobs yet you've only listed 5 (plus the unlocked one from clearing For My Hero). Maybe finishing Cheering you on will unlock other jobs. Dumb question but did you scroll down the job listings?

Wish I took note of what unlocked through which milestones...

If nothing unlocks after Cheering you on, then maybe 30 breeds will unlock another job. The japanese site through google translate states "You work ## species clear" which could mean two things. 1. Breed ## of plants or 2. Finish ## of jobs. From experience, the final job, #31 unlocked after finishing 30 jobs so you unlock jobs from finishing other jobs than from breeding new plants at milestones.
#3P-Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 11:28:17 AM
Valen-stein posted...
2nd reward? Oh, i think some of those rewards can be bought in the shops already. No need to do them twice i think. My bad. but you did earn some extra money.

There are 31 total jobs. A japanese guide says there are 6 initial jobs yet you've only listed 5 (plus the unlocked one from clearing For My Hero). Maybe finishing Cheering you on will unlock other jobs. Dumb question but did you scroll down the job listings?

If nothing unlocks after Cheering you on, then maybe 30 breeds will unlock another job. The japanese site through google translate states "You work ## species clear" which could mean two things. 1. Breed ## of plants or 2. Finish ## of jobs. From experience, the final job, #31 unlocked after finishing 30 jobs so you unlock jobs from finishing other jobs than from breeding new plants at milestones.

I did scroll, yeah. The top also lists For My Hero as job 001/006, I'm Cheering You On as 002/006, etc. I'm pretty sure I'm Cheering You On didn't unlock until I did For My Hero (both are for the soccer player from his crush). I'm Cheering You On only needs anything from the Mysteria family, I just haven't been lucky enough to grow anything from that yet and none of my current seeds seem to reflect a silhouette that matches anything from it. I'm close to blooming #29, so I guess I'll see if I can hit 30 and get anything from that.
#4Famicom_GuyPosted 7/30/2013 11:43:48 AM
I'm currently trying to get a gold medal on this job: Cultivate a Cure

Aside from being medicinal, the plant must be short for it to be "better" according to Ms. Blossom.

Is there a breed out there that can grow short? What about Proud Duchess?
#5Valen-steinPosted 7/30/2013 11:50:10 AM
Famicom_Guy posted...
I'm currently trying to get a gold medal on this job: Cultivate a Cure

Aside from being medicinal, the plant must be short for it to be "better" according to Ms. Blossom.

Is there a breed out there that can grow short? What about Proud Duchess?

Any normal plant has the possibility of growing short. If you have the Bushido beauty job, you can get a short medicinal seed from that job to use for Cultivate a Cure.

Theres a short Dainty Morgana seed from the "Perfect Pairing" job as well.
#6silktailPosted 7/30/2013 6:21:36 PM(edited)
Valen-stein posted...

The Japanese Wiki claims you need to complete the first 6 jobs to unlock the next 3 jobs.

However I only completed 5 of those jobs, with "Spicy Specimen" being the 5th (with only a Silver medal).
Note that I had completed "Don't Give Up"(/I'm Cheering You On) before that. So maybe the requirements is completing those two jobs.

P-Wing posted...
I'm Cheering You On only needs anything from the Mysteria family, I just haven't been lucky enough to grow anything from that yet and none of my current seeds seem to reflect a silhouette that matches anything from it.

Try taking the wrong seed from "The Perfect Pair"(/A Perfect Pairing). That should grow into a Honeydrop(/Hydrasta) from the Mysteria family.

It also happens to grow into a tall flower!
---
#7P-Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 6:31:04 PM
silktail posted...
P-Wing posted...
I'm Cheering You On only needs anything from the Mysteria family, I just haven't been lucky enough to grow anything from that yet and none of my current seeds seem to reflect a silhouette that matches anything from it.

Try taking the wrong seed from "The Perfect Pair"(/A Perfect Pairing). That should grow into a Honeydrop(/Hydrasta) from the Mysteria family.

---

Thanks, I'll try that! I just hit my 30th breed and nothing else unlocked, so hopefully this works.
#8iphysPosted 7/30/2013 7:44:42 PM
I've been stuck at 5/6 for a while, because I can't do Spicy Specimen. I know the exact breed I need, but I can't seem to generate the seed for it. I've been trying to grow other flowers from the same family in hope of getting a new breed or something. The frustrating thing is I have seeds that show the flower I need as one of the parents for it, but the seed type doesn't match that parent, so I know I'll just get a repeat of one of the flowers I've already grown if I grow it. I don't know if it's bad luck or what, but I feel like it shouldn't be this hard.
#9Valen-steinPosted 7/30/2013 8:05:49 PM
iphys posted...
I've been stuck at 5/6 for a while, because I can't do Spicy Specimen. I know the exact breed I need, but I can't seem to generate the seed for it. I've been trying to grow other flowers from the same family in hope of getting a new breed or something. The frustrating thing is I have seeds that show the flower I need as one of the parents for it, but the seed type doesn't match that parent, so I know I'll just get a repeat of one of the flowers I've already grown if I grow it. I don't know if it's bad luck or what, but I feel like it shouldn't be this hard.

Yep... Jobs that only accept one kind of breed is a pain to finish. Took me a while to get an Alabaster Morris for one of the jobs too. Well it'll come sooner or later. Don't focus on the jobs and focus on getting new breeds. Theres a chance that plants from other families will generate a sunspur through cross breed. Not as high as cross breeding a plant from the same family but it'll advance your progress instead of having you be stuck trying to breed one type of plant.

Also, check the job seed supplies to see if theres any seeds that'll grow into a new breed.
#10P-Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 11:06:55 AM
silktail posted...
P-Wing posted...

---

Both seeds give me a 17-18% chance at a Hydrasta. Any tips on getting the lesser of the two to grow?