The last boss in Warrior's Way is broken

#1LeyviurPosted 8/18/2013 12:53:09 AM
Before the final showdown everything was an actual game of probability determination and careful distribution of your resources. The final country is completely based on luck.

As it stands now I'd need to select the right option 5 times to defeat the final boss. In any given scenario I have a 1/3 chance of choosing an advantageous unit. If I tie or lose even once, I lose. There are five rounds, which means that I am forced to endure a 1/243 chance of victory; the other 242 chances I will lose and 1/10 of my army will desert. This wouldn't be so bad if I could spy twice, which would cut the chances of winning down to 1/27, which is still bad but not obscenely horrible.

What the hell, Nintendo.
---
The rallying cry of Idea Factory/Compile Hearts enthusiasts:
"Pursuant to Megan's Law, I must inform you that I am a registered Mugen Souls fan."
#2BrodiusPosted 8/18/2013 4:16:54 AM
Leyviur posted...
Before the final showdown everything was an actual game of probability determination and careful distribution of your resources. The final country is completely based on luck.

As it stands now I'd need to select the right option 5 times to defeat the final boss. In any given scenario I have a 1/3 chance of choosing an advantageous unit. If I tie or lose even once, I lose. There are five rounds, which means that I am forced to endure a 1/243 chance of victory; the other 242 chances I will lose and 1/10 of my army will desert. This wouldn't be so bad if I could spy twice, which would cut the chances of winning down to 1/27, which is still bad but not obscenely horrible.

What the hell, Nintendo.

I have started on this fight for the first time, and after 3 tries, I am very very sad.
---
"Oh no!" He screamed. "Please not again! Have pity! Have mercy!"
3DS FC: 1118-0590-0987
#3dexter1984Posted 8/18/2013 9:25:02 AM
A. You don't have to win all 5 times, just enough so that you army can win. This depends on how big the difference is between you and his army.

B. You can always quit and not lose 10% of your army. The second time you abandon your army, you lose 10% for 2 rounds.

C. Spying on The Emperor is just stupid.

He's ridiculous but not broken. He's meant to be tough, there are many people who have beaten him for many playthroughs.
#4CoinOperatedPosted 8/18/2013 12:21:49 PM
I finally beat the Emperor today after more than a week. The "all rock" strategy that's been mentioned wasn't working for me so I started to pick randomly. Can't say it was fun but at least I got three tickets out of it.
#5zergslayer69Posted 8/18/2013 1:07:35 PM
When I beat the emp for the first time I picked rock first 4 times, and went for leap of faith of scissor for last time. Probably wont help since its all random
---
PSN - zergslayer69
Friend Code - 3909 8848 9513