Lost TONS of pieces in Puzzle Swap

#1randomnonsense1Posted 11/23/2013 5:06:57 PM
I just got the special edition Zelda 3DS XL and did a wifi transfer between that and my old 3DS. Now when I checked my street pass the only things I had left in Puzzle Swap were the 7 completed panels with 15 pieces. Any of the newer once with 40 pieces (even the ones I had completed) are gone. Now when I street pass with people I can't even get or buy new pieces. Has this happened to anyone else?
#2SalogyPosted 11/23/2013 5:18:41 PM
randomnonsense1 posted...
I just got the special edition Zelda 3DS XL and did a wifi transfer between that and my old 3DS. Now when I checked my street pass the only things I had left in Puzzle Swap were the 7 completed panels with 15 pieces. Any of the newer once with 40 pieces (even the ones I had completed) are gone. Now when I street pass with people I can't even get or buy new pieces. Has this happened to anyone else?

Did you put your old SD card into the new system? AKA the final step in the transfer.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#3randomnonsense1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 6:47:06 PM
Salogy posted...

Did you put your old SD card into the new system? AKA the final step in the transfer.

Ugh no I didn't. Never saw that prompt during the process. I just tried to copy the data from the 2 gig card that comes with the 3DS to the 4 gig on the XL and it didn't work. And since I've already used the download code for Link Between Worlds on the 4 gig I guess I'm screwed.
#4SalogyPosted 11/23/2013 7:46:03 PM
Salogy posted...

Ugh no I didn't. Never saw that prompt during the process. I just tried to copy the data from the 2 gig card that comes with the 3DS to the 4 gig on the XL and it didn't work. And since I've already used the download code for Link Between Worlds on the 4 gig I guess I'm screwed.

No one actually reads this but this link explains everything: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63530777

Stop using the 4GB card right now. Having 2 cards full of data isn't helping. Games like ACNL know if you're using the wrong save data. There is suppose to be some hard way of merging SD cards but I have never done it before.

First, see if you can use your old SD card (2GB) in your new system. The final prompt in the system transfer tells you to swap cards. If this works, then that will be the data you will be using. The transfer only moves data that is on the system between systems, no games and saves are moved. Then backup everything and format the card of your choice. Move data to a bigger card if that is what you desire. You will have to redownload the games you got from merging your eShop accounts. Saves may or may not be kept if you can figure out which files to move over. I assume everything on your source system was what you wanted to keep.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#5silktailPosted 11/23/2013 7:49:43 PM
You should be able to download Zelda:ALBW from the e-shop again, because it's activated on your e-shop account. But you would probably have to restart Zelda:ALBW.

However I don't know if you can reuse your old StreetPass Plaza save, if the game has made new data on the new card.

Now when I street pass with people I can't even get or buy new pieces. Has this happened to anyone else?

This old topic was talking about trying to fix that problem, but I don't know how well it has worked for people:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/625899-streetpass-mii-plaza/67637205#3

(I guess you should probably try the suggestion in 3rd post, then the 1st.)
---
#6randomnonsense1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 8:59:14 PM
silktail posted...
You should be able to download Zelda:ALBW from the e-shop again, because it's activated on your e-shop account. But you would probably have to restart Zelda:ALBW.

However I don't know if you can reuse your old StreetPass Plaza save, if the game has made new data on the new card.

Now when I street pass with people I can't even get or buy new pieces. Has this happened to anyone else?

This old topic was talking about trying to fix that problem, but I don't know how well it has worked for people:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/625899-streetpass-mii-plaza/67637205#3

(I guess you should probably try the suggestion in 3rd post, then the 1st.)
---

That did it. Turning off Street Pass, exiting the Mii Plaza, then going back and turning Street Pass back on brought my missing pieces back to the new 4 gig card. Thanks for the help!
#7HylianFoxPosted 11/24/2013 2:11:18 AM
I had the same problem until I put both SD cards in my computer and copied the 2 gig stuff onto the 4 gig card. Works fine now.
---
3DS FC: 2062-9830-1309
http://i.imgur.com/VmdjNRm.jpg