Thinking

#1BrianCraigSmithPosted 1/5/2012 7:32:26 PM
Thinking about getting this game. I've heard of the BloodRayne games and the movies, but is this game worth $15? I enjoyed the demo and was pleasantly surprised that I died due to the difficulty, but still...is it worth it?
#2EremyndilPosted 1/6/2012 5:30:56 PM
Never saw the movie and I believe I just played the demo for Bloodrayne 2. Betrayal is not that difficult early on. The first difficult part was the (iirc) third boss (?), the one in a pool of blood (don't worry, that's all I'm going to spoil) and also at Ch.8. The real challenge is when you try for higher scores. At the moment I cant fathom how some have been able to rank "dhampir" on later chapters.

And this leads to the controls. When you go for high scores you will be forced to learn such things as, for example, not being able to cancel animations. May I suggest finishing the game first and then go for high scores.

For me, replaying chapters to reach higher scores is fun. Though it's a pity it is super difficult to score +60,000 (you need +100,000 for dhampir).
---
Welcome to the era of console gaming pay-to-play beta testing.
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
#3BrianCraigSmith(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2012 8:38:44 PM
This will definitely be the next PSN game I get.
#4Vincent7thPosted 1/22/2012 5:02:32 PM
It's on sale for $10.49. Go get it!
#5VictorySaberPosted 2/4/2012 10:52:09 AM
Save your money for another game. This game have bad controls.. try the demo and do not expect anything more than what you see in the first level. There are no extra weapons, upgrades or more skills. The boss from the chapter 1 is the same boss from chapter 5 but in chapter 5 he is like 10 time more annoying and have minions.
---
PSN: NeoKurow
Channel: youtube.com/neokurow
#6CBratePosted 2/11/2012 4:41:49 AM
This game is as good as it gets for anything with a BloodRayne title.

---
Hue hue hue, Slash L, Hue hue hue, Baby.
#7BrianCraigSmith(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2012 6:39:17 PM
Got it a few days ago. Also bought Arkham City and UMvC3. Haven't sat down to play, although I went ahead and bought some AC DLC. I downloaded the demo months ago, and I enjoyed the challenge that the game presented to me, so I wanted it to continue past the first level. Controls do take some getting used to, as they tend to differ from game to game.