Cutter + SwiftStrike Buckler?

#1DustyShouriPosted 7/25/2011 3:55:59 PM
Would the cutter benefit from faster attack speed, or is there a speed cap? I have a cutter, and my friend can craft the SwiftStrike buckler, so I was thinking of getting him to craft me one... but I don't want to shell out the 200 energy and end up with a useless, and weaker shield and 200 energy gone to waste.

Does anyone have personal experience with this combo?
#2Metallic ManPosted 7/25/2011 4:00:05 PM
I've never used the combo before, but considering how fast the cutter line already is, I doubt you would even notice the increase in speed. It would be more useful with the heavier/slower swords. Also, it might not even be worth it, since you can't upgrade it.
---
XBL GT: Psych0X
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l406/n00b11CE/MetallicMan.gif
#3neon screenPosted 7/25/2011 8:08:39 PM
You don't really need more attack speed with a Cutter, it's fast enough already. It is pretty awesome though - I have a high AS Dread Venom Striker and when combined with Swiftstrike Buckler, the speed is really insane.

I'd recommend getting a Swiftstrike anyway, it's hella useful for anything that's not a bomb, and especially if you're planning on using the Avenger or Faust.
#4DustyShouri(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2011 9:41:42 PM
I went ahead and got it. Recorded 60fps with fraps before and after. Before a full swing was roughly 2.75 seconds. After it was almost 2 seconds on the dot. Quite the improvement and in fact it was noticeable before I even crunched the numbers.