Question about 3 strike DRM

#1TowerBooks3192Posted 3/20/2012 11:05:43 PM
I have read about the 3 different computer limit. I have skimmed through the EULA but didnt really get all the details but I am sure about the use of the DRM.

My question: Does the 3 strikes means even if I reinstall it in one computer it counts as one of the 3 strikes?(E.g I install it in my laptop now so that's 1, but if I need to reformat then reinstall, that's 2 uses and then I only have 1 left?)
---
I always go to Dragonsreach to discuss the ongoing Hoshtilities like the rest of the great warriors
#2B0vrilPosted 3/21/2012 6:28:22 AM
If you run out of the 3 installs you can contact Ubisoft and they will reactivate it.
#3TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2012 6:37:01 AM
B0vril posted...
If you run out of the 3 installs you can contact Ubisoft and they will reactivate it.

So is it basically run out of 3 installs and you can contact them for unlimited times and they will just renew it without a lot of hassle and fuzz?
---
I always go to Dragonsreach to discuss the ongoing Hoshtilities like the rest of the great warriors
#4valkod23Posted 3/30/2012 10:14:06 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
B0vril posted...

So is it basically run out of 3 installs and you can contact them for unlimited times and they will just renew it without a lot of hassle and fuzz?

Without hassle and fuzz? This is Ubisoft we're talking about, that means it'll be aggravating to say the least.
#5TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2012 12:56:23 AM
valkod23 posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...
B0vril posted...

Without hassle and fuzz? This is Ubisoft we're talking about, that means it'll be aggravating to say the least.

Wow, so its all hassle and fuzz huh? That's one thing I hate about contacting ubi/ea/ or what ever game publisher there is. It reminds me of the time I complained my preorder was not available through origin and the answer that was emailed to me was generic and it involved the console version of sims 3 pets instead of the PC version
---
#6ozortPosted 4/3/2012 5:43:30 AM
B0vril posted...

you need an account to log in and play... i'm totally lost why they limit the number of installs, isn't it fairly efficiently restricted with the accounts?

if the DRM people had their way McDonalds employees would stand over your shoulder to make sure you didn't share your fries with anyone.
#7PhieeelPosted 4/5/2012 12:20:07 AM
ozort posted...
you need an account to log in and play... i'm totally lost why they limit the number of installs, isn't it fairly efficiently restricted with the accounts?

if the DRM people had their way McDonalds employees would stand over your shoulder to make sure you didn't share your fries with anyone.

Yeah, you'd think someone would realize that screwing over the legitimate customers in the name of fighting piracy doesn't really do much to bolster faith in your brand, your company.

And lol @ DRM fries.... I actually had an experience similar to your hypothetical situation. Me and my family were at a chicken place, and I didn't order anything because I wasn't really all that hungry. My mom and brother got the buffet. I wanted to try a bite of the chicken rice they'd gotten, and the moment that spoon hit my mouth, the (white trash) employee was all over us, giving us grief. Thought we were trying to y'know... feed two people for one buffet price or some BS. And instead of accepting our apology, they... well, let's just say they lost some customers that day, and gained some enemies.
---
You have no proof there aren't purple gremlins in my basement.-LLLL
~Saint of AC:Last Raven board~
#8Lord BladePosted 4/13/2012 9:59:11 AM
Yeah, you'd think someone would realize that screwing over the legitimate customers in the name of fighting piracy doesn't really do much to bolster faith in your brand, your company.

The only thing DRM does is screw over legit customers.
It has no impact on the pirates.

Hell, most of the time the pirates get the game first and it runs with less problems than the legit version.

Like how pirates can play Heroes 6 online with people without using UPlay. So they can go online, offline, any time, and they don't lose all their bonuses like legit owners who go offline do.
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens