Spiral Staircase!!

#1PixieyPosted 4/23/2011 11:17:53 PM
I am really looking forward to having a spiral staircase finally!! I just feel that when you start out on the sim's games now, you get half the base game and they slowly dole out things to make way too much money.

Look at all the original expansions that came out with The Sim's!! It is crazy that they keep doing this. They still don't allow the full modding that we used to have. I did not care for The Sim's 2, but I am liking this one. I wish pets and a makin' magic would happen. I doubt there will be the makin magic though. =(

Anyone heard anything on this?
#2Died AgainPosted 4/26/2011 12:39:17 PM
I'm not really sure what you mean? The original Sims didn't come with all those expansions, they released them one at a time just like they do now, of course they cost much less then, but so did a lot of things.

Yes, there are some things that have been in expansion packs that I think should have been int he base game itself. Things like hot tubs, instruments, diving boards, proper restaurants, more stuff for the family and perhaps a weather system, or at least swimmable oceans, but they do have to leave something for the expansions.

Don't forget that when the first game came out, you couldn't even leave your own lot!

It took many expansions to make both Sims 1 and Sims 2 the game they ended up being. Plus, I like getting new content every six months or so. Just when the game begins to get boring, there are a whole new set of features to try out.

My biggest complaint about expansions is that they don't test anything properly and release half-baked games that break half the things they fixed in the last EP.
#3Died AgainPosted 4/26/2011 12:42:55 PM
And I've heard nothing about a magic pack, unfortunately. Makin' Magic ties Seasons for my favourite EP ever.

The pack after Generations will be a Pets pack. I believe it's scheduled for October (it will probably be pushed back, but I would definitely expect it in time for Black Friday/ Holiday buying).