Lag on higher settings?

#1Speedmaster1225Posted 6/6/2011 1:27:26 PM
For some reason my game feels kinda choppy when on even the medium graphic settings. My computers pretty new so this is kinda confusing.

Here's the specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor 2.80 GHz
RAM: 3 GB (2.75 usable)
System Type: 64-bit
---
Who needs a sig?
#2hemicuda_2000Posted 6/7/2011 1:09:17 PM
Are you using the integrated graphics board? Cause you need dedicated memory for graphics to run this smoothly at higher levels.
#3Speedmaster1225(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2011 6:18:53 AM
^ I'm not sure. How can I tell?
---
Who needs a sig?
#4wanderzPosted 6/9/2011 11:16:50 AM
Speedmaster1225 posted...
^ I'm not sure. How can I tell?

well, it depends on what version of windows you have.. with xp and i think even vista it was pretty simple, right click "my computer" and select properties, and it tells you most of the info about your computer, including the video card..

but for windows 7 that doesn't work.
so go to control panel and then "device manager"
on the device manager screen about the third thing listed should be "display adapters" double click those words and it should tell you what video card you have.

there are other ways of course... including running "dxdiag" from the start menu, which gives a lot of details.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#5Speedmaster1225(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2011 11:50:14 AM
Alright. Here's what I got:

NVIDA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
---
Who needs a sig?
#6Shenti_RebornPosted 6/9/2011 3:47:44 PM
I have pretty much the exact same computer, 'cept I added my old nVidia 8600 GT into it ('cause the onboard was a 6150SE like yours) and of course it can play everything maxed, but the frame rate drops considerably. It sucks but what can ya do mang?

Best bet is to tinker with the settings until it's balanced between smoothness/looking goodness.

Also a tip, if you go download a small neighborhood from online--or actually not small but just like no buildings on it, the game will run a lot smoother.
---
soundcloud.com/shenti / facebook.com/shentex / youtube.com/zeronightx
I'm the coolest person on PotD. Be peanut butter, not jelly, bro.
#7wanderzPosted 6/11/2011 5:21:25 AM
if that is a desktop computer and not a laptop then you should be able to get a better graphics card and put it in there..

of course you would need to figure out what type of card slots you have, i would think if it's less then 3 or 4 years old it SHOULD have atleast one PCI-E (or PCI express) slot.

you could possibly get this card for $40.. you pay $60 then get a rebate of $20.. i'm not about to say it's the greatest card in the world, but that really sounds like a good deal for a cheap card that is more then capable of running this game, and probably just about anything else.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162067&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Video+Cards-_-Galaxy-_-14162067

i suggest finding a techie friend or co worker to help you with picking the best card for your system / price range / needs and possibly to show you how to install it.

if you don't know any techie type people then look for a small shop that works on computers, don't go to walmart / target / best buy.. in my opinion they will try to rip you off..
they'll charge you $50+ for 5 minutes of work, and try to sell you stuff you don't need.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#8ssspppPosted 6/18/2011 10:24:47 AM

Do you have anti-aliasing enabled? I noticed it always reduces the FPS massively..