min/maxing really required for ur dragon farming?

#1Aki_LeavesPosted 6/16/2012 10:39:53 PM
going to level pure sorcerer for a while, then alternate between sorcerer and mystic knight; I'll switch to sorcerer right before leveling whenever possible though.

I'll miss out on some magic gains, but eh.

With augments, does it REALLY matter that much for ur farming? I really don't see how missing out on a little magic power is going to severely hamper my ability to fight the dragon.
---
GT: BlackamusJ0nes ((zero for the o))
DD Pawn: Mina ((Best mage in all the land))
#2MalzelPosted 6/16/2012 10:41:21 PM
No, it's really not that important. Especially if you mean the offline Ur-Dragon, who really isn't that hard.
It's made much easier if you have the Assassin augments, though.
#3Aki_Leaves(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2012 10:52:35 PM
Malzel posted...
No, it's really not that important. Especially if you mean the offline Ur-Dragon, who really isn't that hard.
It's made much easier if you have the Assassin augments, though.

I meant online ur dragon.
---
#4kinco360Posted 6/16/2012 10:53:16 PM
I'm not sure how good Sorcerors really are at UD farming. The best/quickest method is to load your party up with Rangers. To be honest, if you have a decked out Ranger Arisen, you honestly don't need any pawns. I can usually kill the UD on the first try, unless there's a problem area I can't reach before he flies away. The pawns are nice, however, as mushrooms mules, since I constantly spam Tenfold Arrow.
#5Aki_Leaves(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2012 10:55:46 PM
I was going to use the Mystic Knight for Ur Dragon. I really don't want to play a ranger, just sorcerer and Mystic Knight for cannon spells and such.
---
#6Aki_Leaves(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2012 10:57:23 PM
Basically, I'm asking, as long as most of my stat gains are from sorcerer, and I use all the right augments, will farming online ur dragon be that bad without perfect minmaxing?

I know people in their sixties and seventies doing good damage to him, so I don't see why my mystic knight would be too gimped at 100 just because I didn't get all my gains from the sorcerer vocation.
---
#7MalzelPosted 6/16/2012 10:58:18 PM
When you said farm, I thought you meant actively getting materials, as you can't really farm the online Ur Dragon as you only get rewards once its killed.
And on that note, it's not going to hamper your ability to fight the dragon, but naturally someone who min/maxed will inflict more damage.
#8Aki_Leaves(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2012 11:32:21 PM
Malzel posted...
When you said farm, I thought you meant actively getting materials, as you can't really farm the online Ur Dragon as you only get rewards once its killed.
And on that note, it's not going to hamper your ability to fight the dragon, but naturally someone who min/maxed will inflict more damage.

I want to just help with the online fight without ruining the fun of gameplay by perfectly minmaxing everything.

I just want to be able to damage the dragon, be smart, help the cause, and get awards. I don't really care if I'm doing the most damage out of everyone ever, or if someone who is min maxing is doing 2% more damage than I am.
---
#9eugene1222Posted 6/17/2012 4:38:18 AM
Aki_Leaves posted...
someone who is min maxing is doing 2% more damage than I am.

It is usually the case, dont bother with min maxing its a waste of fun.

Difference between all assassin level ups and all mystic knight level ups in the end is like 1300 strength with all augments taken into consideration, and you will also have higher magic stat so an enchanted weapon will do more damage anyways.

Also min maxers tend to forget about everything but the strength stat for some reason, and they end up needing 100 grasses and 60 mushrooms for one fight.
---
'You know what they call a quarter pounder in France? Royale with cheese' 'And what do they call a whopper?' 'I Dunno, I didnt go into burger king'
#10ArkThompsonPosted 6/17/2012 5:55:24 AM
Also min maxers tend to forget about everything but the strength stat for some reason, and they end up needing 100 grasses and 60 mushrooms for one fight.

10 grass and 115 mushrooms per online Ur-Dragon round on my level 200 Ranger.
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/rbzmgj.jpg