Looking for the BEST character build, preferably Assassin

#1Avg_Joe_GamerPosted 7/1/2012 1:14:46 AM
So I beat the game at around level 60 and I feel like my character is weak. I switched vocations quite a bit to try to find one I liked. I ultimately settled on Mystic Knight and was doing fine until I got to post-game content. It was like hitting a brick wall. I muscled my way through post-game for the achievements then tried offline Ur-dragon on a NG+ and cannot kill him even after like 10 attempts. He's still down to his last bar but I can't hit his last few weak points easily.

Anyway, I remember seeing people talking about how great Assassin is and I've decided to delete my character and main pawn and start over from scratch. I want the absolute best character build I can get. I don't care about grinding out to min/max. I just want to be a wrecking machine.

So,

1) Which vocation is best for overall damage? I assume if I build towards fighting online Ur then any other monster will be a cakewalk.

2) How do I go about achieving absolute domination over this game? And by this I mean vocation level progression.

I already understand the concept of earning DP for augments in other vocations and then switching to what I need to be at my level up to earn the appropriate stats.

I read in some other posts on these boards that it's best to go 1-10@Warrior>11-100@Assassin>101-200@Sorc

I did a quick comparison between this and just staying as Assassin straight from 11-200 and the only major difference is you get 300 points more in Str that is taken away from Magic and vice-versa for switching to sorc.

Looks kind of like this:
Straight Assassin: 880 Str 200 Magic
Assassin>Sorc: 580 Str 500 Magic

Anyway, I appreciate any input, sorry for the long post.

TLDR; I want uber-killing power. How do I get it?

P.S. It would also be great if you guys could suggest maybe a set of augs and skills I should use as well.
---
I Am A Gamer (And So Can You!)
#2WrymthemPosted 7/1/2012 1:22:14 AM
Rom wha Ive heard, going 1-10 Mage then 11-200 Sorx gets the most Magic Damage. Then you switch to Assassin with Heavens Key and you have like... 2000-3000 Magic Damage. Then add on Autonomy, Bloodlust, Clout, Acuity, and some others and you end up with somewhere around 6000-10000 Magic Damage. Then multiply that by the Urs Holy weakness and you get tons of damage. :o
---
Herp derp and away we go!
GT: kashet
#3Avg_Joe_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 1:27:19 AM
Wrymthem posted...
Rom wha Ive heard, going 1-10 Mage then 11-200 Sorx gets the most Magic Damage. Then you switch to Assassin with Heavens Key and you have like... 2000-3000 Magic Damage. Then add on Autonomy, Bloodlust, Clout, Acuity, and some others and you end up with somewhere around 6000-10000 Magic Damage. Then multiply that by the Urs Holy weakness and you get tons of damage. :o

Wow that's craziness. Any idea how effective this build would be against other monsters?
---
#4WrymthemPosted 7/1/2012 1:31:11 AM
Avg_Joe_Gamer posted...
Wrymthem posted...

Wow that's craziness. Any idea how effective this build would be against other monsters?

Well youll end up with no HP, Stamina, or Defense, but it shouldnt matter. Everything should melt considering the damage. >_O And if you went Mystic Knight, howd you not kill he offline Ur? O.o Double Cannon+Full Moon Slash worls wonders. Plus it homes in on enemies. >_O
---
#5reizoryuuPosted 7/1/2012 1:31:21 AM
you could also 1-10 fighter then switch to assassin 11-200.
Then switch to ranger; the tenfold flurry skill should just absolutely destroy everything, add blast arrows to that and offline UR should go down within a minute.
#6IlluminaZer0Posted 7/1/2012 1:35:33 AM(edited)
You can dominate the main game with pretty much any class and any build. Mystic Knight also arguably has the easiest time against Ur-Dragon.

(Online) Ur-Dragon builds aren't designed to dominate the game (as every character at 200 will do that), they are designed to maximize damage output before he leaves within his 8 minute time frame. With this in mind, the builds are childishly simple:

Fighter (1-10) --> Assassin (11-200) [Max strength]
Mage (1-10) --> Sorcerer (11-200) [Max Magic Attack]

Offline you can kill with pretty much whatever. It's harder with Fighter/Warriors, namely as most do not realize that hitting the wing tips will damage the "heart" of the wings.
#7Avg_Joe_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 1:40:44 AM(edited)
reizoryuu posted...
you could also 1-10 fighter then switch to assassin 11-200.
Then switch to ranger; the tenfold flurry skill should just absolutely destroy everything, add blast arrows to that and offline UR should go down within a minute.

I'm also interested in helping to bring down online Ur as well though so I want absolute maximum damage.

Wrymthem posted...
Well youll end up with no HP, Stamina, or Defense, but it shouldnt matter. Everything should melt considering the damage. >_O And if you went Mystic Knight, howd you not kill he offline Ur? O.o Double Cannon+Full Moon Slash worls wonders. Plus it homes in on enemies. >_O

I was going in solo, using the Holy Buff that MK gets, putting down 2-3 cannons and just whacking with X-button. Didn't realize Full Moon Slash would work. I may try it before restarting. The problem is the holy bolts have trouble finding what's left of the weak points. Either that or, like I said, my character is just super weak, hence me asking the community for help creating a god-like character.

IlluminaZer0 posted...
You can dominate the main game with pretty much any class and any build. Mystic Knight also arguably has the easiest time against Ur-Dragon.

(Online) Ur-Dragon builds aren't designed to dominate the game (as every character at 200 will do that), they are designed to maximize damage output before he leaves within his 8 minute time frame. With this in mind, the builds are childishly simple:

Fighter (1-10) --> Assassin (11-200) [Max strength]
Mage (1-10) --> Sorcerer (11-200) [Max Magic Attack]

Offline you can kill with pretty much whatever. It's harder with Fighter/Warriors, namely as most do not realize that hitting the wing tips will damage the "heart" of the wings.

So which is best for Online Ur? Assume I have the Heaven's Key. Should I go for max Strength or Max Magic Attack? From my own research I'd think Magic Attack since he gets 125% damage from Holy and only 100% from Slash. I could be wrong though.
---
#8IlluminaZer0Posted 7/1/2012 1:40:04 AM
Avg_Joe_Gamer posted...
The problem is the holy bolts have trouble finding what's left of the weak points. Either that or, like I said, my character is just super weak, hence me asking the community for help creating a god-like character.

If you are having trouble finding the last weak point, equip a wand and hit attack. It will auto target the weak point.

If you use a charged holy wand attack, it will even pierce his body and go straight for said weak point.
#9WrymthemPosted 7/1/2012 1:41:27 AM
Avg_Joe_Gamer posted...

I was going in solo, using the Holy Buff that MK gets, putting down 2-3 cannons and just whacking with X-button. Didn't realize Full Moon Slash would work. I may try it before restarting. The problem is the holy bolts have trouble finding what's left of the weak points. Either that or, like I said, my character is just super weak, hence me asking the community for help creating a god-like character.

You could skip the Holy Buff and just use Ascalons. The bolts should pick up the Holy Perma enchant from the blade. :o And it might not be working because you dont have a clear shot to the weakened heart or that youre out of range. What level are yiu again? :O
---
#10Avg_Joe_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 1:43:46 AM
Wrymthem posted...
You could skip the Holy Buff and just use Ascalons. The bolts should pick up the Holy Perma enchant from the blade. :o And it might not be working because you dont have a clear shot to the weakened heart or that youre out of range. What level are yiu again? :O

I'm level 60 and I haven't even killed him once yet so I can't use the Ascalon lol. I'm not too worried about improving my current character though. I really want to start over and create an Online Ur Slayer
---