How do you get into the dukes's Manse?? SPOLIERS

#1BlithersnipePosted 7/11/2012 8:03:45 AM
What quest or objective do I have to do to get into the Manse through the back door?

Or is there a way to get into the castle through the Front Door??
---
Don't matter how bad of a day your having....just be happy you woke up breathing...
#2stuptastic7Posted 7/11/2012 8:04:29 AM
its all the way in the north. idk if you can get in without doing the 'duchess in distress' quest.
---
Gamertag: xRaz0rr
#3meralonnePosted 7/11/2012 8:06:49 AM
They won't let you in unless you're dressed in the Royal Guard armor. The only way to get it is to do the Aelinore quest line:

-- give her the silly hat after meeting the Duke
-- sneak in to her room, watch her get choked, save her, get whipped
-- talk to her lady in waiting later, who gives you the quest to rescue her from the Manse
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#4Mr Penguin 007Posted 7/11/2012 8:08:46 AM
You gotta tap dat duchess assssss. Then... Wait what were we talking about?

Oh, right: Then, lata on in da evenin'... wait, that's not right either.

Hmm... Ohhhh, yes, the duchess' little maid-lady will hail you, and by that I mean wait in the gardens, and tell you to save the duchess in distress. Which, I believe, is the name of the quest. She will give you the royal guard armor, so that you may pass through the front gate.

Or something like that.
---
Gamer Tag: Coltonius (Pawn: Eve)
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
#5Vertigo6377Posted 7/11/2012 8:10:04 AM
The quest is available right before you head out to fight the Dragon, Grigori. The Dutchess' chamber maid is standing outside the castle to the left of the stairs.
---
"Why can't we all just be friends?"
#6holiday1021Posted 7/11/2012 10:34:00 AM
That's one thing i don't like about this game. I've taken Chimeras, Drakes, Griffons, armies upon armies of Goblins and Bandits - yet I'll take punishment from Duke Has-Been.

I'm in my prime, I could and would love to take Gran Soran apart with my bear (rawr!) hands. Then watch the Duke's eyes go lifeless as I strangle the hell out of him for dealing with his crap. Hell, I'm saving the damned Kingdom. And I'm going to be whipped?
#7UniticePosted 7/11/2012 1:58:04 PM
You first get into the manse by during the Duchess in Distress quest. But does anyone know if you can get back in after the quest is done. I managed to get in the front with the Royal Guard armor but can't get past he gate/grill to go deeper. Skeleton key's don't even work. Is there a key hidden away in there or something?
#8SilentLonerPosted 7/11/2012 1:59:27 PM
You can go back in through the back entrance.
---
('` | | . |;;; |\ | `'|'` | . /'''\ |\ | |;;; |'')
.,) | |,,,|,,, | \| . | . |,,,\,,/ | \| |,,, |"\ GT: Seth Lios/DD: Lv 200 Ranger
#9UniticePosted 7/11/2012 2:08:21 PM
SilentLoner posted...

I've tried that...the big gate by the chimera. I try going in but keep getting the message that it can't be opened from there. I'm guessing you can't go back in on a NG+ run, which sucks.
#10R41NB0W-D45HPosted 7/11/2012 2:09:03 PM
SilentLoner posted...

That's what she said.