So... why is there no co-op again?

#1Deathx113Posted 12/4/2011 7:43:05 PM
I just don't see the reason of putting all this time and effort into pawns when you could just make it co-op..

Am I missing something?
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#2specialkid8Posted 12/5/2011 8:08:51 AM
Because it's supposed to be a single player experience? As much fun as Co op is, not every game needs it. Just like not every game needs competitive multiplayer. There are dedicated co op games. This is not one.
#3meralonnePosted 12/5/2011 9:08:18 AM
I would guess that pawns take less time and effort than really good co-op. But I don't mind the lack of co-op anyway. I prefer single-player games anyway.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#4Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2011 1:37:07 PM
Um not every game needs co-op?

Look at this generation most games aren't co-op. Mainstreamed games are but then it seems like all the small Dev's figure they can ditch it for some online bs.

I don't care about online but NOTHING beats having a good pal over and playing some couch co-op while eatin pizza or w/e.
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#5SweetMadnessPosted 12/5/2011 2:31:41 PM
Deathx113 posted...
Um not every game needs co-op?

Look at this generation most games aren't co-op. Mainstreamed games are but then it seems like all the small Dev's figure they can ditch it for some online bs.

I don't care about online but NOTHING beats having a good pal over and playing some couch co-op while eatin pizza or w/e.

Would also like to add to this and say, how many RPGs actually have co-op? You only see this in shooters, and hybrids where RPG elements get down played.
---
Deus Ex- "Everytime you mention it, SOMEONE will install it." http://lolpics.se/27254-deus-ex
GT- SweetMadness
#6meralonnePosted 12/6/2011 10:42:58 AM
SweetMadness posted...
Would also like to add to this and say, how many RPGs actually have co-op?

You see it a lot more in Action RPGs than turn-based RPGs. The "Souls" and Fable 2-3 come to mind. And personally, they could do away with it in Fable 4 and it wouldn't bother me in the least.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#7Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2011 1:39:58 PM
Hm I don't think co-op in a turn based game would make much sense xD

I mean in that case you could make a turn based game into co-op simply by passing the controller on different characters.
---
#8PokeyBananaPosted 12/8/2011 12:13:09 PM
Not everyone has a pal.
---
Use paragraphs. It makes it so much more accessible for the reader.
#9ServarePosted 12/8/2011 2:48:34 PM
This game suffers in both potential and sales for not having co-op. This would have been THE co-op game.

But nope, instead I get to team up with brain dead AI characters. Sweet.
---
"The worst thing about quotes found on the internet is you never really know if they are true or not."
- Abraham Lincoln
#10specialkid8Posted 12/8/2011 4:26:15 PM
This game was never going to have co op. Why is it being picked on so much more than any other game that doesn't have co op? They never said anything about co op. Why are people acting like they were lied to and are disappointed? Why aren't you complaining that any other game doesn't have co op? This whole thing is really stupid.