Will you be able to romance/marry your main pawn?

#1AnakeriePosted 2/17/2012 4:03:09 PM
It was fun in Skyrim to go adventuring with your spouse. I know in DD you'll be able to romance NPCs, but does anyone know if your main pawn is eligible? I kind of like the idea of being able to create the perfect love-interest from scratch.
---
I'm bringing sexy back: he clashes with the curtains and I finally found my receipt.
#2Dart_Feld7Posted 2/17/2012 4:07:24 PM
It's confirmed that there are romances.

I'd assume that the main pawn would be one of the options.

I also loved adventuring with my spouse.
---
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/826383/30t2qtl.jpg
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#3DarquePosted 2/17/2012 4:52:35 PM
Dart, you're just everywhere =D
---
Jill Valentine > You
#4Dart_Feld7Posted 2/17/2012 4:54:20 PM
We just have great taste in games.

^_^

Hey
---
#5OgesMCPosted 2/17/2012 6:11:21 PM
If the romances are done well, it will add a lot to the game in my opinion. Now once we get to where you marry, buy a house, and such, those things are a bit too fable-ish for my taste.

Leave the romancing and extra dialogue/encounter options in, leave the Sims stuff out please.
---
Check out Realms of Ancient War (R.A.W.) for Diablo fans!
http://www.raw-thegame.com/
#6IceMasterZPosted 2/18/2012 7:24:59 AM

Anakerie posted...
It was fun in Skyrim to go adventuring with your spouse. I know in DD you'll be able to romance NPCs, but does anyone know if your main pawn is eligible? I kind of like the idea of being able to create the perfect love-interest from scratch.
---
I'm bringing sexy back: he clashes with the curtains and I finally found my receipt.

Romance in Skyrim was pretty bare bones and barren. Practically the only real reason was the extra 100g a day and the meal and that's about it (outside of the usual role play).

#7kJHGlPosted 2/18/2012 12:30:24 PM

Romancing our main pawn? Pawns are suppose to be emotionless. They aren't human. Maybe the main pawn is different but if not, I doubt we will have the option to start a romance with the main pawn.

---

I liked Dragon Age: Origins romances because you were venturing with your love interest. So, in a way, I hope romances can be performed with the main pawn because then you can speak with them anywhere. Though, how can we know romances with non-companiones will be bad? They could be just as good and if that character actually lives their daily lives too, then it would make it all the more realistic.

I'd imagine some characters in the main story will be romanceable. Mercedes comes to mind:

If it's optional characters...I wonder how it will be handled? I like Dragon Age: Origins romances because the characters were part of the story and added to the story and role play. Hopefully Dragon's Dogma does the same otherwise romances are going to be pretty much worthless.

#8Dart_Feld7Posted 2/18/2012 2:54:24 PM
IceMasterZ posted...
Romance in Skyrim was pretty bare bones and barren. Practically the only real reason was the extra 100g a day and the meal and that's about it (outside of the usual role play).

That's how society works in Skyrim. There is very little romance. Marriage is done out of necessity, convenience, or tradition.

Anyways, count me as another gamer that likes how romance was handled in Dragon Age Origins.
---
#9DarquePosted 2/26/2012 8:31:59 PM
You know, something just occurred to me.... Pawns lack free will right?

Wouldn't romancing a pawn more or less be the same as romancing an animated blow up doll? O_o
---
Jill Valentine > You
#10Anakerie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2012 8:35:50 PM
Even better: with no free will, they can't tell you 'no' or "I have a headache' or "I most certainly will NOT dress up like Strawberry Shortcake!"
---