Bad news potions are the same as koar reckoning *sigh*

#1Zelda_wood_elfPosted 2/24/2012 11:58:13 AM
See for yourself @1:14:00 - 1:14:14 game genie code is turned on >_>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOgchg-az9k&feature=youtube_gdata_player
#2Zelda_wood_elf(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2012 12:21:37 PM
1:14:00-1:14:14 instant health, u don't get full,there is no limit just spam away during a pause screen.

Wow is kingdom hearts the only action rpg that does potions right?
Kingdom hearts potion
(U can only use 4 in 1 fight, cannot do it via a pause screen,there is a animation for it that u can get hit out of so timing of your potion usage is critical)
I mean skyrim, reckoning, and now dragon's dogma too.
Least fallout new vegas had a hardcore mode wear potions healed over time.

Uhh so disappointing I mean I can see having like this for easy mode and medium mode because those modes are for the masses.

But hopefully it won't be that way on hard mode I mean he was fighting a boss and bam instant health all fear of any boss just went out the window.
I have no idea why this has caught on maybe just maybe we real get a hardcore mode and potions will have a cap or cool down or heal over time or something =(
#3DanOverboardPosted 2/24/2012 12:29:48 PM
This irks me too - I mean, it kind of gives no reason to use healing magic.
I would be more than happy with unlimited potions during pause, but with a regenerative effect. Limited potions restrictions I can certainly live with though too.
#4Zelda_wood_elf(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2012 12:49:02 PM
DanOverboard posted...
This irks me too - I mean, it kind of gives no reason to use healing magic.
I would be more than happy with unlimited potions during pause, but with a regenerative effect. Limited potions restrictions I can certainly live with though too.

Yeah a over time effect would be great, sooo disappointing I'm just gonna hope for hard mode to make potions heal over time.

I mean just watch the vid dude ran out of potions and had to keep his mage alive and stand next to his mage to get healed, the game lookeed sooo fun and exciting then.

U actually saw strategy being deployed, well till he realized that he sucked without his ability to potion spam and literally ran away from the cyclops lol!!!!!!
#5ClutcH_BFPosted 2/24/2012 1:00:58 PM
They should have made you actually have to drink the heal potion like Dark Souls handles Estus Flasks.
---
Sound the charge, Take them head on
#6DuneManPosted 2/24/2012 1:11:54 PM
I must say, the healing tree spell(I'll call it that due to the similarities in function to a version of healing from Kingdom Under Fire) does it right. A heal-over-time effect in a centralized location, and only a portion of damage sustained can be healed. Regen functionality feels better than insta-rez.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#7Zelda_wood_elf(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2012 1:31:31 PM
ClutcH_BF posted...
They should have made you actually have to drink the heal potion like Dark Souls handles Estus Flasks.

That would be great and more realistic.
Even zelda limits u to 3 or 4 potions.

*goes to cry in the corner* I hope final fantasy versus xiii doesn't pickup this disgusting new trend.
#8Magoo111Posted 2/24/2012 2:38:36 PM
How is it a disgusting new trend? Most things have worked that way.

If it has to be 'disgusting', it's a 'disgusting' old trend.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#9Dart_Feld7Posted 2/24/2012 3:02:49 PM
-It's an herb not a potion.
-There have been no news about an herb shop.
-We don't know how rare healing herbs are esp. this particular one.
-It isn't close to as powerful as the potions in KoA.
-They actually have weight unlike in KoA.
-The guy still had his ass handed to him by that boss and only barely survived that encounter even with a healing mage and would have lost his party members if he wasn't constantly reminded by the two guys.

So with all that said, yeah there seems to be no cooldown or drinking animation.

I know that that will tick off ppl and understandably so.

Personally, I don't see it affecting my playthroughs much.
---
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/826383/30t2qtl.jpg
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#10prince_nagashPosted 2/24/2012 3:35:38 PM
The healing items that are instantaneous and menu driven really do break the game. They are almost like cheats. Similar to DMC and RE, it breaks the game.

DMC would be better without items because it is possible to beat it without healing yourself through items.

Same with this game, it should have some sort of out of battle regen, to allow players to play smarter and develop better strategies and management.