You CAN kill the Lion first on a Chimera (video inside)!

#1ZauronPosted 4/24/2012 9:44:39 PM
It is possible to kill the lion head first and have the other 2 parts (goat and snake) still be alive. I did it myself in the demo, despite the common believe that he'd just die completely if I attacked only the lion and the goat and snake couldn't stay alive without him.

But I decided it would be a fun challenge for the demo to try to do it anyway, while having no pawns that could interfere and kill the wrong thing first. Its definitely the hardest way to do it - those spells from the goat are really annoying. It took me about 7 attempts to pull it off.

Here's the video of it. The Chimera fight starts at 5:20. You can see what its like after the lion is dead by skipping to 16:25.

http://youtu.be/Cb4TN-UFg_c

BTW, the Fighter class is way more fun to play and versatile than I was expecting. The parry with the shield and Blink Strike are amazingly good abilities. Also that move where you dodge back and then lung forward and slash does a lot of extra damage and knockback if you actually dodge an attack with the jump back (as opposed to just hitting an enemy with it when you didn't actually dodge anything) - you'll see me almost instantly knock the Chimera into an easy stun with it in the video (at about 9:45).
---
www.zauron.net / www.crazyvikingstudios.com
#2Max58201Posted 4/24/2012 9:49:23 PM(edited)
yah but look how much of the total health the lion head is haha

I tried the same way but i must have hurt the rest of the body too much or something because it died before the head kinda went away

good job though
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#3omgidfkPosted 4/24/2012 10:02:03 PM
What parry? ._.
---
Gamertag - omgidfk
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/omgidfk/stats/185666997/xbox/
#4qamefaqsPosted 4/24/2012 10:07:13 PM
Neat little game/ boss design aspects like that make me think that there's going to be so many hidden gems in this game that will keep being uncovered for months after the game comes out.

Similar to what a game like Shadow of the Colossus offered.
#5DisposableGruntPosted 4/24/2012 10:22:59 PM
Well, I've played just now (and turned off the health bar and cinematic) and was able to parry the lion and the lion body goes limp, while the other body is still active particularly the goat's leg, I thought I have killed the lion first but it seems to come back to life

so I just wondering does the goat have the ability to revive the lion or its just a stun animation?
#6Dart_Feld7Posted 4/24/2012 10:31:08 PM
Great job, TC.

I'm surprised they bothered to program that in.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmox6rdpiog - Dragon's Dogma
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26tsm6yo81qfy7zpo4_250.gif
#7Number_One_JerkPosted 4/24/2012 10:44:11 PM
Nice one Zauron, that battle was entertaining, I watched the whole thing, reminded me of my days of monster hunter lol, I would be soloing this game, really don't want the pawn system lol,
---
Psn:Number_One_Jerk/XBL:NumberOneJerk
You think playing video games at 21 is immature? I should be more gown-up like you and watch Jersey Shore.
#8Zauron(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2012 10:49:06 PM(edited)
DisposableGrunt posted...
Well, I've played just now (and turned off the health bar and cinematic) and was able to parry the lion and the lion body goes limp, while the other body is still active particularly the goat's leg, I thought I have killed the lion first but it seems to come back to life

so I just wondering does the goat have the ability to revive the lion or its just a stun animation?

That was probably just a stun, the lion takes a long time to kill and you have to basically hit nothing but it the entire time or you'll end up accidentally killing the entire Chimera before the lion head dies. I parry'd the lion many, many times in the video before actually killing it.

You can see that I hit the head almost exclusively and yet don't manage to kill the lion until he was almost dead overall anyway. Also when the lion does die you can tell because the music will change and the head suddenly visually change to look more bloodied up and stuff, and he'll fall over like he's dead for a bit before the goat brain takes over and makes him stand up again.

Dart_Feld7 posted...
Great job, TC.

I'm surprised they bothered to program that in.

Yeah its impressive, especially how he actually moves differently after, he hops around and acts more goat-like after the lion is dead, rather than cat-like as he was moving before. I now want to see what it would be like if only the Snake were alive, would he kinda slither? Would be very hard to kill the goat and lion without killing the whole body though, as you can see in my vid after the lion I only hit the goat a couple times and he suddenly died, I never killed the snake.

Number_One_Jerk posted...
Nice one Zauron, that battle was entertaining, I watched the whole thing, reminded me of my days of monster hunter lol, I would be soloing this game, really don't want the pawn system lol,

I've played boat loads of Monster Hunter which I'm sure helped me pull this off :).

---
www.zauron.net / www.crazyvikingstudios.com
#9PanopictonguyPosted 4/24/2012 11:05:57 PM
Your gameplay videos show far more depth in combat than any other that has gone up. You've went though like 8 different attack variation in like 1 minute of starting the fight with the Chimera.

This is what I'll post when people call this a button masher.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#10Vx7Posted 4/24/2012 11:08:50 PM
Great job! ... Looks like they really went out of their for this game.
---
.,.,.foREVer.,.,.
___ Check out an awesome new Action/RPG titled Dragon's Dogma(Demo Available)